(PS4) Fallout 4 Texture popups/FPS dips

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Logan97, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Logan97
    OP

Logan97 G.B.A.T.e.m.p T.e.m.p.l.a.r K.n.i.g.h.t

Dec 24, 2013
    United States
    Where all things matter

As once a digital foundry Youtube subscriber said "All that dip and not enough chip"

Solid 30fps he said...

Last edited by Logan97, Nov 11, 2015
  2. Armadillo

Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 28, 2003
    United Kingdom
    A bethesda game running like shit on consoles, I for one am shocked :rofl2:

3. p1ngpong

p1ngpong Unamused frog

Former Staff
    Apr 18, 2008
    Croatia
    DS Scene
    At least this time it runs slightly better on the PS4 than on the xbox one. Skyrim was pretty much unplayable on ps3 and was never really fixed. I was listening to the giantbombcast and they where talking about fallout 4 on PS4 and despite it running a bit better on the PS4 some sections near the end are apparently almost unplayable due to framerate drops. Sad thing is I expected this and told everyone who pre-orderd Fallout 4 that they where crazy. Bethesdas track record at this point is abysmal especially on consoles and I don't get why everyone just gives them a pass on it when their games are consistently full of bugs on all platforms and sometimes outright broken on the consoles. You never hear anyone say a word but when the likes of Ubi or EA release a buggy game (that usually gets fixed to be at least playable) people lose their shit every time and are always in uproar, I find it hypocritical and it annoys me.

Catastrophic and codezer0 like this.
  4. Margen67

Margen67 Dirty entited pirate

Banned
    Nov 3, 2014
    United States
    Yeah. Bethesda should be able to get it running at at least 120FPS with proper optimization. Consoles totally aren't underpowered /s

5. Chary

Chary Never sleeps

pip Reporter
    GBAtemp Patron
    Chary is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 2, 2012
    United States
    PC version is near the same, in terms of texture issues and framedrops. The game is fun, but I honestly don't know how Bethesda doesn't catch flak for their games being so glitchy.

6. vayanui8

vayanui8 GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 11, 2013
    United States
    I suppose I'm lucky that my experience with the game has been pretty smooth. I haven't had time to play much of it, but what I've played so far is great. However, I'm running it on a rather capable PC and my card is listed under the minimum requirements by name so I'd assume it has had more thorough testing compared to others

7. Margen67

Margen67 Dirty entited pirate

Banned
    Nov 3, 2014
    United States
    It's Part Of The Bethesda Charm™
    It's Not About The Graphics™
    Seriously, though, it only runs badly because it's unoptimized on PC.
    And on top of that there's no way to turn off mouse acceleration, change the FOV, or uncap the FPS. And if you do it has similar physics bugs to Skyrim.
    10/10 engine. "Physics still rely on FPS" -IGN

8. chavosaur

chavosaur Austin Trujillo

pip Contributor
    Mar 11, 2012
    United States
    Huntersville, NC
    And yet I'm still having fun with it :lol: great game!

9. Hells Malice

Hells Malice Are you a bully?

GBAtemp Patron
    Hells Malice is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 9, 2009
    Canada
    I'm glad to be somehow blessed when it comes to Bethesda games on PC. I've never had a major issue with any Bethesda game. Maybe a crash here and there and the odd bug, but nothing one of my many quicksaves doesn't easily fix.
    I think the last Bethesda game I played on console was Fallout 3 on the 360...and also had no issues with that either.

10. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Err...really? I haven't had any frame drops or texture issues in the 12 hours or so I've got clocked in it right now. But then again, maybe it's because I don't have a potato PC ;O;

Also, Bethesda games do get shit on for being glitchy, it's like the le max mumu for them.

11. chavosaur

chavosaur Austin Trujillo

pip Contributor
    Mar 11, 2012
    United States
    Huntersville, NC
    Don't listen to her, she's playing it on a Mac :angry:

Tom Bombadildo likes this.
  12. Nano.

Nano. Member

Newcomer
    Nov 8, 2015
    Hong Kong
    I guess when you really like something you're willing to look past its flaws.

13. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    >Mac
    :rofl2:

Also, all of those things can be changed via various .ini files, and a modder just released a neat little tool if you're too lazy to do that, too.

14. Logan97
    OP

Dec 24, 2013
    United States
    Where all things matter
    The Creation engine is unoptimized it's basically a upgraded version of Gamebryo (I don't believe it )

I'm enjoying fallout very much but these glitches man... I haven't experienced no unplayable areas yet everything's been good so far besides having screenshot of glitches (time to time) as I get deeper into the story.

Nevertheless it is a vast improvement, and if you can handle Bethesda title's on consoles, this is for you :P

Last edited by Logan97, Nov 13, 2015
  15. Logan97
    OP

Dec 24, 2013
    United States
    Where all things matter
    Well although it's quite smoother somewhat, I wouldn't say its runs better. I got another video that I recorded today where it runs 0 fps longer than the Xbox one but I knew what I was getting into already lol.

Last edited by Logan97, Nov 14, 2015