Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
At least this time it runs slightly better on the PS4 than on the xbox one. Skyrim was pretty much unplayable on ps3 and was never really fixed. I was listening to the giantbombcast and they where talking about fallout 4 on PS4 and despite it running a bit better on the PS4 some sections near the end are apparently almost unplayable due to framerate drops. Sad thing is I expected this and told everyone who pre-orderd Fallout 4 that they where crazy. Bethesdas track record at this point is abysmal especially on consoles and I don't get why everyone just gives them a pass on it when their games are consistently full of bugs on all platforms and sometimes outright broken on the consoles. You never hear anyone say a word but when the likes of Ubi or EA release a buggy game (that usually gets fixed to be at least playable) people lose their shit every time and are always in uproar, I find it hypocritical and it annoys me.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
PC version is near the same, in terms of texture issues and framedrops. The game is fun, but I honestly don't know how Bethesda doesn't catch flak for their games being so glitchy.

vayanui8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I suppose I'm lucky that my experience with the game has been pretty smooth. I haven't had time to play much of it, but what I've played so far is great. However, I'm running it on a rather capable PC and my card is listed under the minimum requirements by name so I'd assume it has had more thorough testing compared to others

Margen67

Dirty entited pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PC version is near the same, in terms of texture issues and framedrops. The game is fun, but I honestly don't know how Bethesda doesn't catch flak for their games being so glitchy.
It's Part Of The Bethesda Charm™
It's Not About The Graphics™
Seriously, though, it only runs badly because it's unoptimized on PC.
And on top of that there's no way to turn off mouse acceleration, change the FOV, or uncap the FPS. And if you do it has similar physics bugs to Skyrim.
10/10 engine. "Physics still rely on FPS" -IGN

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm glad to be somehow blessed when it comes to Bethesda games on PC. I've never had a major issue with any Bethesda game. Maybe a crash here and there and the odd bug, but nothing one of my many quicksaves doesn't easily fix.
I think the last Bethesda game I played on console was Fallout 3 on the 360...and also had no issues with that either.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Err...really? I haven't had any frame drops or texture issues in the 12 hours or so I've got clocked in it right now. But then again, maybe it's because I don't have a potato PC ;O;

Also, Bethesda games do get shit on for being glitchy, it's like the le max mumu for them.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Err...really? I haven't had any frame drops or texture issues in the 12 hours or so I've got clocked in it right now. But then again, maybe it's because I don't have a potato PC ;O;

Also, Bethesda games do get shit on for being glitchy, it's like the le max mumu for them.

Don't listen to her, she's playing it on a Mac :angry:

Reactions: Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Don't listen to her, she's playing it on a Mac :angry:
>Mac
:rofl2:

It's Part Of The Bethesda Charm™
It's Not About The Graphics™
Seriously, though, it only runs badly because it's unoptimized on PC.
And on top of that there's no way to turn off mouse acceleration, change the FOV, or uncap the FPS. And if you do it has similar physics bugs to Skyrim.
10/10 engine. "Physics still rely on FPS" -IGN
Also, all of those things can be changed via various .ini files, and a modder just released a neat little tool if you're too lazy to do that, too.

Social_Outlaw

G.B.A.T.e.m.p T.e.m.p.l.a.r K.n.i.g.h.t
OP
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
The Creation engine is unoptimized it's basically a upgraded version of Gamebryo (I don't believe it )

I'm enjoying fallout very much but these glitches man... I haven't experienced no unplayable areas yet everything's been good so far besides having screenshot of glitches (time to time) as I get deeper into the story.

Nevertheless it is a vast improvement, and if you can handle Bethesda title's on consoles, this is for you :P

Last edited by Social_Outlaw,

Social_Outlaw

G.B.A.T.e.m.p T.e.m.p.l.a.r K.n.i.g.h.t
OP
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
At least this time it runs slightly better on the PS4 than on the xbox one. Skyrim was pretty much unplayable on ps3 and was never really fixed. I was listening to the giantbombcast and they where talking about fallout 4 on PS4 and despite it running a bit better on the PS4 some sections near the end are apparently almost unplayable due to framerate drops. Sad thing is I expected this and told everyone who pre-orderd Fallout 4 that they where crazy. Bethesdas track record at this point is abysmal especially on consoles and I don't get why everyone just gives them a pass on it when their games are consistently full of bugs on all platforms and sometimes outright broken on the consoles. You never hear anyone say a word but when the likes of Ubi or EA release a buggy game (that usually gets fixed to be at least playable) people lose their shit every time and are always in uproar, I find it hypocritical and it annoys me.
Well although it's quite smoother somewhat, I wouldn't say its runs better. I got another video that I recorded today where it runs 0 fps longer than the Xbox one but I knew what I was getting into already lol.

Last edited by Social_Outlaw,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended