Hardware Ps4 ce-34878-0 error.

placebooooo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

I bought a new PS4 slim and haven’t had it for a full month yet (just shy a few days of a month). I get this error about one time every day or two while playing mighty no. 9. I’ve looked places and can’t seem to find a direct solution to the problem. I’ve updated the console to the latest version as the system asked me but nothing’s changed. I also haven’t tried any other games yet to see if this happens. I’ve been a bit worried because people online say that your console is basically scraped and needs to be sent to Sony (wtf?).

Should I be concerned? How do I fix this? What do I do? Please be aware that I’m new to ps4 systems and don’t know much about them.

[^Blark^]

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Backup and inititialize ps4 from safety mode. You will lose all data so again. "Backup data first" if it still does it afterwards i would contact sony.

placebooooo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Backup and inititialize ps4 from safety mode. You will lose all data so again. "Backup data first" if it still does it afterwards i would contact sony.
Even though I just bought this? like i mentioned, I have absolutely no idea what I’m doing. Could you please walk me through how to backup and then “initialize”? I would really appreciate it.

placebooooo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update:
So I just backed up my save data and initialized. Quick question though: would you suggest I get the console replaced entirely at GameStop while I can by reporting it as defective? I don’t want this to continue happening. I have 30 days to get it replaced in case something is wrong with it. I have two days left (bought it November 22).

Thoughts?

Edit: trying to backup my saves to a flash drive and getting another error (formatted to FAT32)....

Edit 2:
Backed up successfully and initiliazed from safe mode. Just restored too. Saves are all there. Still debating if I should get my console replaced while I still have the chance.

Last edited by placebooooo,

[^Blark^]

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Test it but it's totally up to you. If were me I would return it if it's within warranty. I mean why not since the error message says if you cant fix with initialiaze then contact sony which will only lead to them telling you to send it in most likely and being without one for a week or more... I've had my ps4 since launch (destiny 1 white ps4 bundle) and never had any error like that. And if it proceeds to happen most say to contact Sony like i mentioned above so again decision is left up to you. If you won't lose anything from your psn account or anything on that ps4 currently just get a new one and re-download your purchases.

placebooooo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Test it but it's totally up to you. If were me I would return it if it's within warranty. I mean why not since the error message says if you cant fix with initialiaze then contact sony which will only lead to them telling you to send it in most likely and being without one for a week or more... I've had my ps4 since launch (destiny 1 white ps4 bundle) and never had any error like that. And if it proceeds to happen most say to contact Sony like i mentioned above so again decision is left up to you. If you won't lose anything from your psn account or anything on that ps4 currently just get a new one and re-download your purchases.
Yeah. So I think I’m gonna go in GameStop tomorrow and ask for a replacement. I just hope the new one doesn’t have the same problem or anything worse. Thank you.

placebooooo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I swapped out the ps4 for a new one. The error happened again while playing the same again (Again, the error happens once every 1-2 days). I think this means that there is some sort of bug or something in the game itself that is causing the error to happen? I haven't tried any other games yet, but if this error is persisting even with a new ps4 its gotta be the game, right? I bought mighty no. 9 brand new too.

I just feel bad for going to gamestop and swapping the console. They might scrape it or whatever now. What a waste :/

Trash_McPhail

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I swapped out the ps4 for a new one. The error happened again while playing the same again (Again, the error happens once every 1-2 days). I think this means that there is some sort of bug or something in the game itself that is causing the error to happen? I haven't tried any other games yet, but if this error is persisting even with a new ps4 its gotta be the game, right? I bought mighty no. 9 brand new too.

I just feel bad for going to gamestop and swapping the console. They might scrape it or whatever now. What a waste :/

I too have these errors, problem is they are so intermittent I cannot give Sony support a step by step to replicate the issue, I think it maybe down to overheating, but I'm out of warranty, so boned either way. Just keep replacing 'til fixed or just get a refund.

placebooooo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I too have these errors, problem is they are so intermittent I cannot give Sony support a step by step to replicate the issue, I think it maybe down to overheating, but I'm out of warranty, so boned either way. Just keep replacing 'til fixed or just get a refund.
Replacing doesn't do jack squat. I replaced my console with a completely new one and nothing has changed. I have come to believe that the error arises from sony's software (I believe there is some major bug in their software that desperately needs to be addressed). Unfortunately, this error seems like the taboo of ps4 consoles. Meaning, nobody knows anything about it and Sony doesn't appear to acknowledge it (do anything about it as its been around for quite some time as I have been reading from others online).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well it's probably the one youtube link I posted +1