Hacking PS4, 4.55 HEN, extFat, No packages shown :(

spodletela

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovakia
I am trying for whole day to install a package. The exploit is working, the debug menu is shown but once i enter Debug -> Game -> Install Packages it says "No packages found". Did someone else encounter something like that and found a fix? :(

tonyhhhh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is the device formatted as exfat and do you have the pkg on the root of the drive ?

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

Reactions: KiiWii

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am trying for whole day to install a package. The exploit is working, the debug menu is shown but once i enter Debug -> Game -> Install Packages it says "No packages found". Did someone else encounter something like that and found a fix? :(

How big is the drive?

I have a 4TB that wouldnt work as exFat, but my 2TB worked first time.

Up to 8TB should work fine, could be a GPT/MBR issue?

As @tonyhhhh said are the packeages on the root?

spodletela

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovakia
Yes, the pkg file is on root and usb key is 64gb. I am starting to pull my hair out. I have also checked the devices and usb key is seen including free space so ps4 is able to calculate file sizes on exFat.

GPT/MBR? I have set up partition as primary, without master boot sector. Can you point me to some pkg file that you are aware that it works?

Last edited by spodletela,

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, the pkg file is on root and usb key is 64gb. I am starting to pull my hair out. I have also checked the devices and usb key is seen including free space so ps4 is able to calculate file sizes on extfat.

Try the other usb port?

If all else fails, try reformat the stick to exfat again, default settings through windows.

Is the PKG definitely good and not corrupted?

spodletela

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovakia
Try the other usb port?

If all else fails, try reformat the stick to exfat again, default settings through windows.

Is the PKG definitely good and not corrupted?
It should be good but I have no way of checking, no hashes were posted although the rar should complain if size is not ok. The usb port should be fine too, I have upgraded firmware to 4.55 using it.

Hmm, windows... I have formatted it using linux, lets see

spodletela

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovakia
Ok, it was :hateit: Linux. I should have known... after dding the key with zeros windows were able to format the disk and it works now. Thank you all for your help :bow:

spodletela

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovakia
Also add:

sudo blkid # find usb device

and

sudo dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sdXX bs=1k count=4096 # wipe first sectors to remove residue of linux created partion or windows wont be able to format it

spodletela

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovakia
FYI, I've no problems to partition and format external USB disks and flash memory with Debian and use them on my PS4.

Well it kind a depends on the tool you used, I had those problems before, primary partition has something different that makes problems for other operating systems, I dont know what it is but it makes windows disk management console hang and it is unable to delete linux created primary partition. I have encountered this problem before but never took time to actually figure out what the difference is. Anyway, I hate linux (after doing system development for disk arrays for like 10 years on it I have every right to, I would reintroduce rack for everyone breaking the ABI), the only problem is that Windows 8+ became even worse (I am using linux for workstation but for the servers, BSD FTW! :D Sony, you know your job, you took BSD instead of this Frankenstein Linux monster :D)

MostlyUnharmful

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
My post was mostly for KiiWii, the words used in his guide give the impression you can't format partitions with exFAT on Linux distributions.

Anyway, Linux kernels intentionally have no stable "in-kernel" ABI and Sony chose BSD for the license. ^__~

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My post was mostly for KiiWii, the words used in his guide give the impression you can't format partitions with exFAT on Linux distributions.

Anyway, Linux kernels intentionally have no stable "in-kernel" ABI and Sony chose BSD for the license. ^__~

Yeah, thank you, based on this info I will update it again :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==