PS3Xploit updated to work on 4.84, bringing back webkit exploit

ps3xploit-logo.png

If you've been following the PS3 scene then you may already be familiar with PS3Xploit, a collection of tools which either allows you to install a fully fledged CFW on compatible models or act as a HAN enabler for the previously called "unhackable" ones. The tools were able to work under firmware 4.82, aka the latest OFW when they were originally released, however when 4.83 dropped (and later 4.84) it initally looked like the exploit they relied upon was patched. Still, it didn't take long for the dev team to figure out that wasn't the case, as Sony had just removed a webkit flaw that the team used as an entrypoint: if they found a way around it, the exploit could have been brought back and reused.

Today, they managed to do just that: the team has released a so-called "Hybrid Firmware" (HFW) which can be installed on top of Sony's Official Firmware and bring back the previously mentioned webkit exploit, thus making you able to use the already existing PS3Xploit tools again. The HFW is distributed as a PUP file and it can be installed via USB as any official update.

It should be underlined that the Hybrid Firmware is not a Custom Firmware by itself: it only acts as an enabler for the webkit exploit. Further modifications are required to either install a CFW (if possible) or use the HAN - if you need instructions on how to do that, you can use any previously written PS3Xploit guides. The HFW can also be uninstalled at all times, thus bringing you back to a clean system.

Follow the links below for more information, installation instructions and download links!

Sources:
:arrow: PS3Xploit.com
:arrow: Official HFW 4.84 Discussion Thread (PSX-Place.com)
:arrow: Official 4.84 Flasher/Dumper Discussion Thread (PSX-Place.com)

Last edited by Foxi4,

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a couple of things to keep in mind. Both PSN and Xbox Live have two methods of dealing with illegitimate users - flagging and direct bans. In the case of some offenses, bans are automatic and leveraged against the console itself, making it unusable online without swapping ID's with a legitimate console. In contrast, if the account is only flagged, it requires a human to look at the flag and make a decision. This is where the term "ban wave" comes from - they were periods of mass bans of all formerly flagged consoles, all rolled out at once. There is zero doubt that mods got people banned in the past, we've dealt with those in the past many times, which is why CFW's started implementing stealth code by default.
Yeah the xbox360 is good example of a banwave when there was hacked lobbies in COD MW2 I was in 3 of them myself. The hoster would charge $10 per player and as soon as we got 1 kill we kept ranking up till cap lvl/rank and unlocked all camos of that gun. It was really fun back then, but yeah banwaves eventually hit anyone who hosted those lobbies and they would have to get new KV's or something like that to host another new lobby. Not sure if the ps3 ever got B-waves tho I was more of an xbox360 onliner back then mainly b/c all my friends didn't own a ps3.

Last edited by MasterJ360,

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yeah the xbox360 is good example of a banwave when there was hacked lobbies in COD MW2 I was in 3 of them myself. The hoster would charge $10 per player and as soon as we got 1 kill we kept ranking up till cap lvl/rank and unlocked all camos of that gun. It was really fun back then, but yeah banwaves eventually hit anyone who hosted those lobbies and they would have to get new KV's or something like that to host another new lobby. Not sure if the ps3 ever got B-waves tho I was more of an xbox360 onliner back then mainly b/c all my friends didn't own a ps3.
With COD it's a bit of a special case since Activision really liked to run their own servers and put special sauce on them, but yeah, that's one example.

STLcardsWS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hold up.... im sorry that doesn't make any sense to me, why on earth would ppl lie about getting banned? what is the motive behind this? hell why even bring up being banned? Ppl tend to fall short on what "caused" their ban or don't explain the full story. This is exactly why I don't waste my time reading Nintendo Switch ban threads b/c there are folks that get banned, but act as if they didn't do anything to trigger it b/c they feel ashamed.

Happens alot,
1.) Ashamed to say they were cheating or using game mods online.
2.) Said they were using a legit copy of the game (later comes out they used a pirated game with modified eboots and such)
3.) the motive being they are trying to get help, knowing if they said the truth they would not get help from many.
4.) Some people simply do not know what others did on their console when they were away..

So reports you take with a grain of salt . You use them but you question also

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    WPiso @ WPiso: m