Hacking Ps3Xploit - Now Install CFW from 4.82 OFW : NOR/NAND Software Flash Writer + NOR Dumper Released

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 277,101
  • Replies 1,552
  • Likes 42

defrb

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ive been trying for many hours and at the moment i left my house, i pressed one time refresh, and after i came home my ps3 was off. Now i'm not sure if the exploit did his job or there was some kind off power problem. Is there anyway how i can check this. Because i would rather not try it again for hours and hours -.-

Installing CFW on a non flashed ps3 will brick? , right?

Thanks for any reply, that will clear up the sky.

Last edited by defrb,
D

Deleted User

OP
u cant - i guess the 60 Minute shutdown triggered for you.
maybe you should just change the usb stick and try again.

my first usb stick took 1 second to show "Success" and froze (for over 30 Minutes until i shut it down myself..)
my second usb stick took 1 second to show "Success" and roughly 4 seconds to shut down.

i guess the usb stick is not good enough for this task.
so change the stick and check (after copy all files) all checksums ON the stick.
remove the stick safely (using OS! not just stick it out!)
and put it back in the ps3.
if the other stick is better you will notice quickly!
it just writes ~3 MB.. it will be super quick usually.

Reactions: defrb

Thelonewolf88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Torx security screw set finally arrived today so I cracked open my Slim and replaced the thermal paste with Arctic Cooling MX-4. Perhaps not necessary but it's idling at 44C right now. :) a nice easy thing to do for anybody who does PC building.

How easy it to disassemble the slim? I plan to add thermal paste to mine at some point.

defrb

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
u cant - i guess the 60 Minute shutdown triggered for you.
maybe you should just change the usb stick and try again.

Thanks man, yes i'm sure it's the 1 hour shutdown in that case.

Thanks for your help, appreciated

Changed the usb drive, formatted it (not quick) and it did the magic trick, i'm happy now ;)

Last edited by defrb,

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
How easy it to disassemble the slim? I plan to add thermal paste to mine at some point.
I used this guide. The Blu-Ray drive is different in my 2500 but it's otherwise the same.

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/PlayStation+3+Slim+Heat+Sink+Replacement/3232

The guide is listed as 'difficult' but it's not so difficult because it's just unscrewing screws. Removing the Blu-Ray drive was the most difficult part for me as the drive connector is below the drive, but the 2000 and 2100 is much easier there. You also need a T-8 Security Torx screwdriver (specifically the 'security' type with the hole in the middle, not the regular T-8).

defrb

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I can't install rebug 4.81.2 REX, it is failing saying corrupted data. I have tried diffrent usb sticks but the problem presist.
Anybody have any idea what i'm doing wrong, should i download the rebug 4.81.2 REX from somewhere else?

thanks in advance

Edit: After i tried the left usb port it installed. No need for help ;)

Last edited by defrb,
Reactions: Cyan

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see.

Regarding PSP (also tried searching but too common a search term) is the compatibility via multiman better than the psp remaster method?

there's also psx classics, but it requires conversion. it's not really that time-consuming, but it can be if you have a lot of games. ps2 classics isn't really used anymore, so I wouldn't bother with that. ;)

Deleted member 42501

Trophies
XP
Decisions decisions.

I really like the idea of a Super Slim because its the latest hardware and thus the most durable as most Slims have been heavily gamed and I CBA taking it apart to remove the dust and redo the thermal paste but then the best we'll probably seem on the SS is a web based launcher as opposed to a CFW. Unless of course they use that early PSP approach I believe it was where the system calls were hijacked and redirected to a patched FW running off storage which would be quite cool.

What to do eh?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
you can wait and hope there's a temporary cfw released for later consoles, which will need to be done on every reboot.
not sure it will ever exist, but you never know :)

or you can do things right now if you are less patient. but remember, games would still be there any time you want.
You can play a game 20 years later and still enjoy it, no haste.

But if it's never released, you would need to find a compatible console, and maybe the more you wait the more difficult it will be.

So, I would suggest to get one now, and sell/change it to SS later if you want.

DoctorStrangeLove

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just did the Nor Writer exploit and the console beeped 3 times then shutdown. How do you tell if the exploit worked successfully? My system still says it's on 4.82, is that supposed to change to a lower firmware version if the exploit was completed right?

D

Deleted User

OP
So I just did the Nor Writer exploit and the console beeped 3 times then shutdown. How do you tell if the exploit worked successfully? My system still says it's on 4.82, is that supposed to change to a lower firmware version if the exploit was completed right?
Follow the instructions. You should be able to install CFW now.

DoctorStrangeLove

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Follow the instructions. You should be able to install CFW now.
One more thing. After I turned the PS3 back on it didn't go back to the XMB, I had to let the system do a system corruption scan because it stated the system had been turned off improperly. Was that suppose to happen, or was there an error during the exploit process?

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One more thing. After I turned the PS3 back on it didn't go back to the XMB, I had to let the system do a system corruption scan because it stated the system had been turned off improperly. Was that suppose to happen, or was there an error during the exploit process?
That happened for mine. You can press circle to bypass the check. I'm unsure if doing the check makes the exploit not work. Try to install cfw and if it doesn't when redo the exploit and skip the system check

DoctorStrangeLove

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That happened for mine. You can press circle to bypass the check. I'm unsure if doing the check makes the exploit not work. Try to install cfw and if it doesn't when redo the exploit and skip the system check
Thanks, I'll try to go ahead and install 4.2 Ferrox Standard. What happens if your console hasn't had the exploit and you try to install CFW though? Will it just not register the attempted install and fail?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Depends everyone mixing their flour now days