Hacking Ps3Xploit - Now Install CFW from 4.82 OFW : NOR/NAND Software Flash Writer + NOR Dumper Released

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 278,699
  • Replies 1,552
  • Likes 42

twinspectre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Don't even mod your console stop while you're ahead. You obviously can't read anything that is laid out in front of you.

We aren't you mother or teacher. We aren't going to hold your hand or teach you how to read
I wanted just a tutorial even if it is complex, I followed another guide I came here just because I wanted some infos.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Don't even mod your console stop while you're ahead. You obviously can't read anything that is laid out in front of you.

We aren't you mother or teacher. We aren't going to hold your hand or teach you how to read

That doesn't help your case when you cleary can't read
The F is wrong with you, You need to calm down

D

Deleted User

OP
I wanted just a tutorial even if it is complex, I followed another guide I came here just because I wanted some infos.

The F is wrong with you, You need to calm down
What you really want is for someone to hold your hand. Read the very first post. What you want is there. Me and several other people said this already.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I added some answers and reordered the FAQ to be more logic (compatibility first, then install and usage).
just one thing I'm not 100% sure and want confirmation:
without QA, you can reinstall CFW over another one as many time as you want as long as it's the same syscon version?

I said in the faq that if users want rebug after installing ferrox, they can just do it without toggling their QA by installing the rebug version patched with syscon4.82 over ferrox.
if it's wrong, please delete it from the faq.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
I added some answers and reordered the FAQ to be more logic (compatibility first, then install and usage).
just one thing I'm not 100% sure and want confirmation:
without QA, you can reinstall CFW over another one as many time as you want as long as it's the same syscon version?

I said in the faq that if users want rebug after installing ferrox, they can just do it without toggling their QA by installing the rebug version patched with syscon4.82 over ferrox.
if it's wrong, please delete it from the faq.
Yes, no QA flag needed. For rebug syscon 4.2 thats provided.

Reactions: Cyan

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wanted to share some info with anyone who may be having issues installing a pkg file for whatever reason. If the problem is something other than the package it's self this will fix it. You can use pkgview (google it) to extract the contents of that pkg file. You open the pkg with it and right click on the root folder of the pkg file and choose extract to source folder. This will create a folder by the name of your pkg file in that directory.... copy the folder within that to the internal Game directory of the internal hard drive of the PS3 and then rebuild the PS3 database through the recovery menu (or whatever method you prefer) this will finish installing the pkg for you and you can now run/activate it if needed. Obviously this only works if the pkg file is not corrupt and the pkgview.exe app can open it. But it's a way around certain issues. It's also of note for backing up installed game packages. Dump the hdd0/Game/ folder and use react psn or another tool to backup all your licenses. Do this and backup all game saves the way you would on OFW and you'll have a complete backup of all your games the saves and the licences.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Just a heads-up, at least one person over at Wololo has a CECH-2504 model with Jan-Mar 2011 manufacture date (assumed too late to be compatible) yet still has a minver of 3.50 i.e. is fully compatible.

So people with borderline consoles should still run minverchk.pup to check compatibility, they might be lucky.

SirByte

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Question! What is the differences between a NOR Dumper and a NOR writer?

The NOR dumper creates an image file of the Flash memory chip in the PS3 ('nor' is just a bit different arrangement of transistor than 'nand' to hold bits).
The NOR flasher writes to the internal Flash memory chip, so you can install CFW.

Reactions: cvskid

ViRGE

Trophies
XP
Country
Question! What is the differences between a NOR Dumper and a NOR writer?
Dumper: Copies the contents of your console's NOR flash memory to a file. This is handy to have in case something goes wrong, as it can sometimes be used to recover a console

Writer: Write something new into your console's NOR flash memory. In this case, Ps3Xploit devs are calling their tool the "4.82 NAND/NOR Writer", and it's responsible for injecting the modified code into your NOR to allow you to install a full CFW

Reactions: Zendo

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see how it's any better than installing Webman normally in Ferrox. You get all the same features, including system wide FTP, afaik.
ah, im on a mission (lately) to become informed on all things ps3 related; I read somewhere along the way that the integrated rebug webman offer some enhanced functionality than the one availble for install... but that was just one opinion and im very much a noob still woith this scene.... (frustrating)

One question i have; i accidentally installed a eur psn title on my us ps3 (also tried to install the rap) Turns out psn content isnt region free? Anyways, I deleted tite manully from game, but wher abouts is the installed rap located? Anything else to do to clean my mistake up? Is there a catalogue I have to rebuild?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Last edited by democracy,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCGzykqrsuM