Hacking Ps3Xploit - Now Install CFW from 4.82 OFW : NOR/NAND Software Flash Writer + NOR Dumper Released

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 280,126
  • Replies 1,552
  • Likes 42
D

Deleted User

OP
I keep getting the data is corrupted 8002F169 after toggling QA Flag, Restarting and going to install the Rebug CFW, any ideas?

Yesterday I experienced the same issue. I wanted to install rebug 4.81.2 but the system found the files corrupted... Seem that I got those files from a bad source. After I went to the official rebug website and downloaded the same firmware version, it installed fine.

Hope it can help

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Any ideas? After 50 tries i guess it should work, is it possibile that this specific model is not working?

My ideas:

1. check the hash of the ferrox cfw on your usb stick is correct, it could be corrupt/truncated.

2. try installing the update from recovery mode (shutdown the console and then do the power button magic).

3. try restore file system in recovery mode and then installing ferrox

4. try restore ps3 system in recovery mode and then installing ferrox (you'll lose the contents of your hard drive, saves etc).

I don't think restore default settings or rebuild database in recovery mode will help, but you could try them before you format the hard drive.

Reactions: Bawol

Bawol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
My ideas:

1. check the hash of the ferrox cfw on your usb stick is correct, it could be corrupt/truncated.

2. try installing the update from recovery mode (shutdown the console and then do the power button magic).

3. try restore file system in recovery mode and then installing ferrox

4. try restore ps3 system in recovery mode and then installing ferrox (you'll lose the contents of your hard drive, saves etc).

I don't think restore default settings or rebuild database in recovery mode will help, but you could try them before you format the hard drive.

Thank you for your reply. I have already tried first three points (checking md5, trying to update from recovery after exploit and rebuild) still no luck, I wanted to avoid formatting the HDD and i keep as a last resort.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kudos to the PS3Xploit for this (Albeit a bit forced.) release. I bought a CFW PS3 a couple months back and I couldn't have been happier with the purchase. I'm glad to see that other people are going to be able to experience what a CFW PS3 has to offer. (Without an ODE or E3 flasher no less!) I have another PS3 that sadly isn't able to use this exploit as it's a 3000 but if/when an exploit is released for the newer systems I'll have a nice little gift to send to my friend.

Cheers. :yayps3:

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Ferrox is fine.
If you get Ferrox 4.82 Cobra you have all the functionality you need. Just install Webman Mod after that.
There's really no point in installing Rebug.
Ferrox doesn't have it's own version string in the settings, so don't worry.
question about Webman Mod, what it does? also there is many files in the github page, which one i should download?

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I keep getting the data is corrupted 8002F169 after toggling QA Flag, Restarting and going to install the Rebug CFW, any ideas?

Getting an error is normal.

Either install it in recovery mode, or enable downgrades by using the QA menu (http://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/QA_Flagging#Getting_the_QA_flag_menu) to enable System Update Debug http://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/QA_Flagging#Debug_Settings_.28CEX.2FDEX.29

I personally always use recovery mode.

MY PS3 SLIM IS AN CECH-3004A VERSION! THE HACK SAYS SUCESS, CANT I INSTALL THE CUSTOM FIRMWARE? IM CONFUSED

It successfully wrote a file to your console which turned it into a brick.

Last edited by smf,

stargoonman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PS3 Slim model here. (risky 25xx model)

I'm trying to use minverchk and no matter which USB flash drive I use I get "NO APPLICABLE UPDATE FOUND".

USB Drive has been formatted to FAT32, has "PS3" folder in the root, and "UPDATE" inside the ps3 folder with the file "PS3UPDAT.PUP". (extension not hidden).

I have confirmed the USB slot is working since I plugged on my USB cable to charge and use DS3 just fine. I used the right most USB at the front, but I also tried left just in case. No luck.

Help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: What.