1. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight
    Former Staff

France
    You found the correct description and author for all managers [​IMG]
    I guess you followed the scene from the start too.
    There's just Backup Manager 1.x which had mods by Hermes.

I found the info for Thankyou Manager, It looks like is was [email protected] Manager, by Neox3 (based on OpenManager2 I-2).

One of the psgroove.com comment:

2. ThatDudeWithTheFood

United States
    I would've done more work on the wiki but there was a kite flying festival that I got dragged to it was still fun though Ill try to work on the wiki when I can.

EDIT:Maybe a page with each CFW and its description?

3. Cyan

Former Staff

France
    Yes we can list the cfw too, but maybe not includ them in the homebrew list.

I think it's best to have their own page and layout.
    In the same model as DS and Wii, on the wiki front page :

PS3 :
    ◘Jailbreak
    --Hardware (dongle)
    ---PSFreedom
    ---PSGroove
    --software (cfw)
    ---hermes
    ---Kmeaw
    ---Rebug
    ---etc.
    ◘Backup Managers
    ◘Homebrew list
    ◘Game Compatibility list
    --(see psjcl.com)
    --black Screen games list (eternal sonata)
    --LAN game list (Xkai)
    ◘Tutorials
    --Setting a proxy to bypass firmware update
    --PSN access (old methods, with charles/proxy/etc. for information & conservation)
    --etc.

That's only an idea, it's maybe a lot of job to do it like that, but it can be done little by little. (most info are already on the forum)
    The advantage is that everyone can edit, unlike the first post of a forum (user not coming anymore, lost interest, banned, etc.)

4. ThatDudeWithTheFood

United States
    If you set up the pages I can surely add in info and the like. I like the way its set up for the cfws you could probably make a yes/no chart same for the backup managers so its easy to compare.

5. Zorua

Zorua Newbie

Updated the MultiMAN link to the latest version(v1.17.00).

6. Cyan

Former Staff

France
    Thanks for the update.

I tried 1.17.00 (there is even a 1.17.00 v2, with some fixes and graphical changes).
    There is a now a new Sub-menu option for every games.
    No need to remember every controller button's combination (Select+X, Select+Start, etc.)

Press R1 to access the sub-menu, you can then select the options with the radio choices.

just for information, the "Black screen games" option is "BD mirror".
    You don't need to press Select+X anymore.

[​IMG]

About the wiki, I didn't have time to work on it recently, I'll update more homebrew pages later.

7. mechadylan

mechadylan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    So I know that Portal 2 is not compatible with this CFW, but what about other games that required 3.56 instead? Is there a (in)compatibility list of games somewhere that should absolutely not work because of the firmware requirements? I've heard Socom 4: US NAVY SEALs requires a post-3.55 firmware and may even have the update on the disk. ...or maybe I'm just paranoid.

8. JonthanD

JonthanD GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Every PS3 game has the updates on the disk, that being said if your backing up your games yourself you can remove the update. Just look for the folder "Update" and delete the contents or the folder (I deleted the entire folder and noticed no ill effects)

Portal 2 does not work because it makes use of some system calls, 3.56 had no new system calls so 3.56 games could be played just fine on 3.55.
    Should see some sort of patch for 3.55 with the new system calls soon? Not sure what the hackers have in mind on that one, new CFW is a lot of work and breaks a lot of the homebrew so they would need to be recoded to work on the new CFW, I would like to see some sort of hybrid that keeps compatibility with the old stuff and still adds the new, but thats just me being greedy lol

Not sure Portal 2 is enough of a motivation for a new CFW, most people will probably want to play it on the PC anyway? At least thats where I want to play it [​IMG]

9. Zorua

Zorua Newbie

Updated the MultiMAN link to 1.17.01

10. Cyan

Former Staff

France
    Dean didn't release the 1.17.1 BASE yet.

You shouldn't put only the "UPDATE" version of MultiMan in the guide.
    New users can't install the update version, they need the BASE or FULL version installed on their PS3 first.

If you want to link to UPDATE, keep BASE link too.
    Thanks [​IMG]

Note for users :
    BASE : The main package, including all the necessary files. (~30MB)
    FULL : Same as the main Package, but include all the PS3 game Covers too. (~130MB)
    UPDATE : includes only the newly and changed files since the last released BASE version. (~7MB)

Not included :
    BDEMU : external payload, not included anymore since 1.16.0. You need to install this pkg once, or install 1.15.x first and update to latest MultiMan.
    Showtime : MultiMan use a modified version of the Media Player Showtime homebrew, it will be downloaded the first time you try to play a video file. (need internet connection). MM will still be running in the background, use "exit" to go back to MM, not the PS button.
    SOUND.BIN : Default MP3 background sound.

11. Zorua

Zorua Newbie

Thanks a lot for pointing it out! [​IMG]
    Editing it now.

EDIT: Done!

12. Gus122000

Gus122000 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

*snip*

The OFW 3.55 download link is broken.

13. Zorua

Zorua Newbie

*snip*

Thanks for pointing it out!

It's working now. [​IMG]

14. Gus122000

Gus122000 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

"you need to run this each time before you start MultiMAN"
    I ran it, then it gives me three options to choose from three different files. Which one do I choose ?

15. C175R

C175R GBAtemp Pirate

United States
    I get an error when i try to run awesome file manager. any other good file manager that works for KW-3.55?
    or even better, a way to fix that so I can use awesome file manager?

16. Cyan

Former Staff

France
    @Gus122000 :
    What are you talking about ? "this" ?
    If "this" refer to the above post you quoted, then it's the official Firmware 3.55, I don't think you need to run it every time.
    3rd time in a row, Why do you guys use quote instead of reply button ?
    The quotes have nothing to do with your messages [​IMG]

If you are refering to Lv2 patcher, then don't use Lv2 patcher at all if it's only in order to use MultiMan.
    Install BDEMU instead.
    The guide on the first page need a little update [​IMG]

Lv2 patcher is used to temporarily apply different patches to the Lv2 layer in memory only, like changing the Blu-ray video region. After a reboot the console is revert back to initial state.
    Of course, the Lv2 patcher can also be used to enable the payload for MultiMan, but it's so much easier to use BDEMU once and for all.

The 3 choices are usually (At least for Blu-ray Region patcher) used to select your Console Region (PAL, JP/US, RUS/IND/CHN)

@C175R :
    Awesome File Manager require the Lv2 access (peek and poke I think), so this is a situation where you need to run Lv2 patcher v9.
    Kmeaw doesn't include the lv2 patches, you need to apply them in memory first to use homebrew that need it.

You can also use MultiMan file manager, I think installing BDEMU would be enough and you won't need to run Lv2 patcher every time.

I'm using Hermes payload, which include peek and poke. All is working fine.
    I tried using Comgenie's Awesome Fiile Manager with PL3 (without peek and poke) and it froze the console. I'm now using hermes's v4 paylod for everything. (yeah, I'm still on 3.41+dongle)

17. kylster

kylster mich weich töten

United States
    Thanks for your guide, I'm using Waninkoko v1 and so far no problems [​IMG] but I do plan on upgrading my HDD & if it's possible could you add a guide on how to do so?

Ok, there is a tutorial of a Omega 1 TB external hdd that will fit in the PS3 perfect dimensions & I believe to be the only hdd of that size to fit. Here is the link iOmega 1TB PS3 Swap.

Could you possible add any known hdd confirmed working? I know as much as 5200rpm only! but not which drives work best. I think this additional info will prove helpful for those individuals who like me prefer to store all their store bought games on their hdd and not fiddle around with disc. Thanks in advance for you consideration.

18. Zorua

Zorua Newbie

I have absolutely no idea about that.
    Extremely sorry but I won't be able to assist you. [​IMG]
    Also, you should upgrade to Waninkoko v2.
    They fixed a lot of stuff in the second revision.

EDIT: I found something: http://community.us.playstation.com/thread...=0&tstart=0
    Hope that helps you in some way or the other. [​IMG]

19. Originality

Originality Chibi-neko

Hmm... Nowhere in the guide does it mention BDEMU.BIN, so that should prolly be added (instead of the line saying you have to run the lv2 patcher every time).

Also it still doesn't mention anything about the folder structure required for backup managers to detect games (i.e. USB:\GAMES\\...), and that adding extra subfolders will prevent the backup managers from detecting them... even though that's one of the most frequently asked questions.

@kylster, I've yet to hear of any 2.5" HDD not working with PS3 (providing that they're no more than 9.5mm thick to fit inside the bay, and 1TB drives tend to be slightly thicker than that). What I have heard is that there is no performance gain between 7200 and 5400 rpm drives (5400 rpm drives produce less heat), and that the drives must be limited to 1.5Gbs operation (SATA I speed) to prevent stuttering (there should be a jumper on the back for this, although newer drives don't have any jumpers at all).

20. kylster

kylster mich weich töten

United States
    Alright well thanks, for the posting the link [​IMG] I may try my luck with the iOmega LoL but the reason I have not updated to Waninkoko v2 is I just dont have any problems it plays all my games just fine well all 5 of them LoL

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Softmod, Guide,