Hacking Ps3 slim cfw 4.85 frequent black screen freezes

dust213dust

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have ps3 slim on cfw 4.85 ferrox cobra by alexander. 500gb ssd. Im getting frequent black screen freezes after I lunch games. Today i was unable to load games from webman.ps3 freezes the moment i push a button to load iso.
Before ferrox i was on rebug and it was much worse...even more black screens....
Any fix?

Maybe its 4.85 cfw causing this freezes? Is it possible for me to downgrade? I had fat console on lower firmware version before this slim and never had any issues...

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have ps3 slim on cfw 4.85 ferrox cobra by alexander. 500gb ssd. Im getting frequent black screen freezes after I lunch games. Today i was unable to load games from webman.ps3 freezes the moment i push a button to load iso.
Before ferrox i was on rebug and it was much worse...even more black screens....
Any fix?

Maybe its 4.85 cfw causing this freezes? Is it possible for me to downgrade? I had fat console on lower firmware version before this slim and never had any issues...

Have you tried reinstalling/uninstalling/reinstalling webman?
It is possible to downgrade but not ideal.

Last edited by Magsor,

dust213dust

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No i havent...will give it a try...
Whats the downgrade method for this model? Do i need some special hardware?

dust213dust

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
so i followed this guide and downgraded to 4.84.2 and omg...i have lunched about 20 different titles and yet not a single black screen.
Magsor, I cant thank you enough!you're great!
for sure will change ssd to ordinary hdd as I cant notice some "super fast" loading times compared to ordinary hdd... will find better use for it...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Back