OP
Trophies
Website
live.xbox.com
XP
Country
United States
Don't factor the cost of the consoles.

I'm leaning towards ps3 because I don't want to deal with red lights of doom or whatever and most of the games I will want to play will be on both systems. I don't give a fuck about xbox live because I will not pay monthly for online gaming.

Also I read that xbox 360 elite is hdmi 1.2 which isn't current and ps3 has hdmi 1.3 which is current for the next 6 or so years.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I'm leaning towards ps3 because I don't want to deal with red lights of doom or whatever
So you prefer the ping of doom, the buzz of doom or the click of doom? How about silent doom? Or screaming sizzling burning doom. With the lights of doom at least you know what kind of doom you're facing
happy.gif

That in mind, the PS3 should have a lifespan of 10 years (seeing how the PS2 has been here for 8 years, it's not too hard to believe), and it should outlive the X360. And as you said, most games will be released on both consoles... but the PS3 will have better graphics.

(However, the price of a PS3 alone will buy you a Wii, 3 additional controllers with Nunchucks, several multiplayer games and a keg of beer. PAAAAARTYYYYY
grog.gif
grog.gif
toot.gif
)

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
If you want a console *now* (today) it is my opinion that you'll have more fun with a 360.
It's got more great games right now, a better community, and can be hacked/modded.
However I can't tell which console will be best in X years, because I can't predict the future. But the 360 has got fantastic games coming, I wrote down a list on another topic.

Azimuth

Chicken Teriyaki Boy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I would recommend the 360. Mostly because I own one and I only talk about things I know. It has amazing games, great upcoming exclusives and live(you will get hooked on this once you try it). As you said, if games are available for both systems why not go for the cheaper one. I have never had the red lights of death thing happen to me but its common to a certain degree.

Im holding out on getting a ps3, hoping for a price drop and waiting for some exclusives I really want to play(motorstorm doesn't cut it). Once MGS4 is out ill probably pounce on it.

I hope I gave you a non-biased comparison

XBL is a huge part of the 360 and it is worth the monthly fee

aslacker55

I like pie
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Im holding out on getting a ps3, hoping for a price drop and waiting for some exclusives I really want to play(motorstorm doesn't cut it). Once MGS4 is out ill probably pounce on it.

MGS4 is also coming out on the 360. Also I got the 3 red lights before, but it was not that hard to fix it myself.

shaffaaf27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
if money isnt a factor, then where is the both option, or boht and a wii option. i would choose both, but its a hard choice to choose either one.

in the end im buying both and that my final verdict.

Killian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've got both 2 though am always on the 360. The PS3 is too little too late, can't think of one game thats worth buying it for at the minute.

Resistance was a big let down
frown.gif

And XBL is amazing once you get into it (Gears of War got me hooked!) sucks having to pay but the flawless service more than makes up for it!

Azimuth

Chicken Teriyaki Boy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

MGS4 is also coming out on the 360. Also I got the 3 red lights before, but it was not that hard to fix it myself.

a year later. But the added stuff should make up for it.

There is always rachet and clank, killzone, little big world, heavenly sword and the other PS exclusives to fall back on. Hopefully something by the end of the year.

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
if you don't mind buying another console later on, get a X360 now and a PS3 later...
look around at ebay, the X360 is really cheap there already...and in a year or so, the PS3 will be at least $100 cheaper...

on the other hand, if you only want one console for this generation, I'd go with the PS3 because it's still got better support from japanese developers like Capcom and Konami...the Xbox360 line-up is too unvaried for my tastes, it clearly lacks exciting games from japanese developers we used to see on the PS2, and it's not getting any better...

if it's not too urgent, I'd wait for the E3 in July and then see which console is getting the better games

MGS4 is also coming out on the 360.
it's not.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I would go with the 360 too at the moment.
Still I only have so much free time to play games, and between the DS and the Wii there's little time left, but the thing is I don't get excited about anything that comes on the PS3.
Surely the Xbox 360 Elite looks really good, it should work like a dream together with my HDTV, and I might did in if I 'm carving for some realistic racing game of FPS. Everything else I got it covered between PC, Wii, DS and the occasional GBA game.
Plus XBL looks really good and well worth an investment, I grew up with those classics ans it's always a pleasure to see updated versions of my favorites.
Mmmhh, yes, It's got to be a 360.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
the Xbox360 line-up is too unvaried for my tastes
-> Already out: Gears of war, lost planet, oblivion, burnout revenge, top spin 2, dead rising, shadowrun, forza motorsports 2, guitar hero
To be released: GTA 4, Naruto, Assassin's Creed, Alan Wake, Tenchu, Halo 3, Fable 2, Elveon, Haze, Crysis, The Elder Scrolls 5, mass effect, too human, DMC4, RE5, timeshift, the darkness, bioshock, Stranglehold, katamari, two worlds, new medal of honor, splinter cell 5, and according to demonoid MGS 4 will be on 360 too.

Too unvaried for your tastes?
what are your tastes? jap craps ?
huh.gif

go651.png

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I say the xbox 360. The 360 is prone tored lights, but you can get an extended warrenty to combat that. Or look for a second had one that has had the xclamps etc... done, so you've got little chance of getting red light. If you modding it though its a waste of time getting the extended warrenty.

The 360 has the best games at the moment. Nothing this time seems to be sony exclusive. Rumour has it the Metal Gear Solid is also going to be released on the 360. Forza 2 is the xbox 360s version of Gran Turimo and is a brilliant game.

You don't have to pay for live, you can get silver for free. Only difference is you might have to wait a few days to download the latest demos and you can't play games online. From what I've heard online gaming on the PS3 its quiet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Xdqwerty, Reverse engineering, to put it simply, is to understand how the software or hardware...