PS3 or Xbox 360

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by pikachucrackpipe, May 30, 2007.

?

Which one would you get?

1. Playstation 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Xbox 360

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
May 30, 2007

PS3 or Xbox 360 by pikachucrackpipe at 5:33 PM (2,396 Views / 0 Likes) 33 replies

1. pikachucrackpipe
    OP

Member pikachucrackpipe President

United States
    Don't factor the cost of the consoles.

I'm leaning towards ps3 because I don't want to deal with red lights of doom or whatever and most of the games I will want to play will be on both systems. I don't give a fuck about xbox live because I will not pay monthly for online gaming.

Also I read that xbox 360 elite is hdmi 1.2 which isn't current and ps3 has hdmi 1.3 which is current for the next 6 or so years.

2. Veho

Global Moderator Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Croatia
    So you prefer the ping of doom, the buzz of doom or the click of doom? How about silent doom? Or screaming sizzling burning doom. With the lights of doom at least you know what kind of doom you're facing [​IMG]

That in mind, the PS3 should have a lifespan of 10 years (seeing how the PS2 has been here for 8 years, it's not too hard to believe), and it should outlive the X360. And as you said, most games will be released on both consoles... but the PS3 will have better graphics.

(However, the price of a PS3 alone will buy you a Wii, 3 additional controllers with Nunchucks, several multiplayer games and a keg of beer. PAAAAARTYYYYY [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] )

3. pikachucrackpipe
    OP

Member pikachucrackpipe President

United States
    heh but i already have a wii

4. tjas

Member tjas The Gbatemp HRManager

Netherlands
    Well for the money of a ps3 you can buy a 360 with a shitload of games [​IMG]

5. Veho

Global Moderator Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Croatia
    He did say that money was not a factor.

6. aslacker55

Member aslacker55 I like pie

United States
    If you don't care about Halo 3, then go with the PS3.

7. Costello

Administrator Costello Headmaster

If you want a console *now* (today) it is my opinion that you'll have more fun with a 360.
    It's got more great games right now, a better community, and can be hacked/modded.
    However I can't tell which console will be best in X years, because I can't predict the future. But the 360 has got fantastic games coming, I wrote down a list on another topic.

8. Azimuth

Member Azimuth Chicken Teriyaki Boy!

Canada
    I would recommend the 360. Mostly because I own one and I only talk about things I know. It has amazing games, great upcoming exclusives and live(you will get hooked on this once you try it). As you said, if games are available for both systems why not go for the cheaper one. I have never had the red lights of death thing happen to me but its common to a certain degree.

Im holding out on getting a ps3, hoping for a price drop and waiting for some exclusives I really want to play(motorstorm doesn't cut it). Once MGS4 is out ill probably pounce on it.

I hope I gave you a non-biased comparison

XBL is a huge part of the 360 and it is worth the monthly fee

9. aslacker55

Member aslacker55 I like pie

United States
    MGS4 is also coming out on the 360. Also I got the 3 red lights before, but it was not that hard to fix it myself.

10. .TakaM

Member .TakaM .II

New Zealand
    360 or cancer

11. shaffaaf27

Member shaffaaf27 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    if money isnt a factor, then where is the both option, or boht and a wii option. i would choose both, but its a hard choice to choose either one.

in the end im buying both and that my final verdict.

12. omkire

Newcomer omkire Member

United States
    i have both...but i enjoy xbox 360 alot better.

13. Killian

Newcomer Killian Member

United Kingdom
    I've got both 2 though am always on the 360. The PS3 is too little too late, can't think of one game thats worth buying it for at the minute.

Resistance was a big let down [​IMG]

And XBL is amazing once you get into it (Gears of War got me hooked!) sucks having to pay but the flawless service more than makes up for it!

14. Azimuth

Member Azimuth Chicken Teriyaki Boy!

Canada
    a year later. But the added stuff should make up for it.

There is always rachet and clank, killzone, little big world, heavenly sword and the other PS exclusives to fall back on. Hopefully something by the end of the year.

15. Vater Unser

Member Vater Unser GBAtemp Addict

Germany
    if you don't mind buying another console later on, get a X360 now and a PS3 later...
    look around at ebay, the X360 is really cheap there already...and in a year or so, the PS3 will be at least $100 cheaper...

on the other hand, if you only want one console for this generation, I'd go with the PS3 because it's still got better support from japanese developers like Capcom and Konami...the Xbox360 line-up is too unvaried for my tastes, it clearly lacks exciting games from japanese developers we used to see on the PS2, and it's not getting any better...

if it's not too urgent, I'd wait for the E3 in July and then see which console is getting the better games

it's not.

16. lagman

Former Staff lagman I wish I was green.

Mexico
    If money it's not a problem...you should get both.

17. Arm73

Member Arm73 GBAtemp Addict

Italy
    I would go with the 360 too at the moment.
    Still I only have so much free time to play games, and between the DS and the Wii there's little time left, but the thing is I don't get excited about anything that comes on the PS3.
    Surely the Xbox 360 Elite looks really good, it should work like a dream together with my HDTV, and I might did in if I 'm carving for some realistic racing game of FPS. Everything else I got it covered between PC, Wii, DS and the occasional GBA game.
    Plus XBL looks really good and well worth an investment, I grew up with those classics ans it's always a pleasure to see updated versions of my favorites.
    Mmmhh, yes, It's got to be a 360.

18. Costello

Administrator Costello Headmaster

-> Already out: Gears of war, lost planet, oblivion, burnout revenge, top spin 2, dead rising, shadowrun, forza motorsports 2, guitar hero
    To be released: GTA 4, Naruto, Assassin's Creed, Alan Wake, Tenchu, Halo 3, Fable 2, Elveon, Haze, Crysis, The Elder Scrolls 5, mass effect, too human, DMC4, RE5, timeshift, the darkness, bioshock, Stranglehold, katamari, two worlds, new medal of honor, splinter cell 5, and according to demonoid MGS 4 will be on 360 too.

Too unvaried for your tastes?
    what are your tastes? jap craps ? [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. adgloride

Member adgloride Its A Wii Wario

United Kingdom
    I say the xbox 360. The 360 is prone tored lights, but you can get an extended warrenty to combat that. Or look for a second had one that has had the xclamps etc... done, so you've got little chance of getting red light. If you modding it though its a waste of time getting the extended warrenty.

The 360 has the best games at the moment. Nothing this time seems to be sony exclusive. Rumour has it the Metal Gear Solid is also going to be released on the 360. Forza 2 is the xbox 360s version of Gran Turimo and is a brilliant game.

You don't have to pay for live, you can get silver for free. Only difference is you might have to wait a few days to download the latest demos and you can't play games online. From what I've heard online gaming on the PS3 its quiet.

20. Scorpin200

Banned Scorpin200 Iceman

United States
    Get neither just save your money [​IMG]