Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Get neither just save your moneyÂ
wink.gif

and miss out on a generation of gaming...

so is MGS4 coming out on the 360 or not? I keep hearing it is but it could just be 360 fanboys spreading their dreams as news

pikachucrackpipe

President
OP
Trophies
Website
live.xbox.com
XP
Country
United States
If money it's not a problem...you should get both.

thought about that and with the last 2 generations of gaming consoles, i did that
but the thing is i dont wanna get both (already have a wii) and then have maybe 3 games for the ps3 and the rest are xbox 360 or vice versa due to the majority of games being on both consoles.

i think i read the ff was even going to be on the 360 now.

Azimuth

Chicken Teriyaki Boy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'd go with the PS3 because it's still got better support from japanese developers like Capcom and Konami...the Xbox360 line-up is too unvaried for my tastes, it clearly lacks exciting games from japanese developers we used to see on the PS2, and it's not getting any better...

I don't know about that... Capcom has developed more exclusives for the 360 than the ps3(so far). Lost planet and dead rising are some examples.

@Costello, good news but im going to wait for a more reputable source to confirm this, my dreams have been crushed too often
frown.gif

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
I would say 360, but as you said not to take price in account I voted PS3.

I wouldn't recommend to buy one at this time though, as there should be more games before you make a decision.

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just to throw in my two cents on this... the xbox 360 has a great selection of games... but as someone who already has a PS2 and well rigged PC there isn't much on the system that appeals to me. I can already play Guitar Hero 2, Oblivion, Burnout and so forth. Gears of War was once a worthy reason to own an xbox 360 but it will be out on the PC soon.

The PS3 is in a similar boat what with so many games being multi format nowadays. The only game I'm genuinely looking forward to on the PS3 is Lair by Factor 5, it looks stunning, but not $600 stunning.

Heck anyways, I don't have enough time to play all the games I want to on my PC as it is, let alone all the other consoles and handhelds I have lying around collecting dust. Where do people get all this time for gaming?! Even if I had the cash and motivation to pick up PS3 or Xbox 360 I would never find the time to play it. I think a lot of people are eager to hop aboard the HD train but forget that there's a treasure trove of quality games they've not touched already out there available on past gen and current systems.

smile.gif

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
X360 : I don't get the whole "red lights" thing, IMHO it's an overhyped issue, and nowhere close to the disaster of the PS2's DVD drive.
It's a very decent console with awesome graphics. I already said, to me, Wii graphics is enough, whether you own a HDTV or not.
I really fucking hate the path MS is taking with micropayments, but the online play is solid, nothing bad to say about it. (except some of the population, but that has largely improved with the reputation system)
In the games sector, the 360 simply has more choice at the moment and it's my recommendation. Dead Rising is awe-inspiring, on a technical level, and if you like sandbox games, it's great. The upcoming lineup is solid as well. Live arcade is so-and-so, but you'll definitely get a few hours of fun outta geometry wars. If MGS gets ported to the 360, well... Excelsior!

PS3 : It's very hard for me to find any good things to say about it, and I'm trying not to be biased. Resistance is definitely not as fun as Gears of War, Motorstorm is a very pretty, very shiny piece of shit (compared to Excite Truck, tbh, I haven't tried any racing games on the 360 other than the demo for Gotham Racing, which is pretty enough but handles "like fifteen years ago"), and the only other PS3 game I played was def jam. It's utter rubbish if you ask me.
The side stuff on the PS3 like linux is useless. If you don't have a PC, buy a PC and you'll have a gig or two of ram instead of 256. Yeah, even with linux, RAM is important. Home rates a spectacular "Meh" on my interest-o-meter, but most importantly, I found that the games lacked soul.

I would recommend that you WAIT. Save up your cash, and buy a console only if there are at least *three* games you *definitely* want. Price cut, promotional deals, etc, wait for those, and you won't regret it.

Right now, out of my personal experience, both hardcore consoles are gathering dust at their respective owner's or co-owner's house. I made the mistake of getting a 360 to try out that mech game (it's nice, but the online play is for no-lifers, tl;dr : it sucks and I hate hardcore gamers
tongue.gif
), dead rising (got very bored with it, but burned a few good evenings on it), and gears (very good game, you can't go wrong with it)

EDIT : ++ to what darkforce said, too.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden

pikachucrackpipe

President
OP
Trophies
Website
live.xbox.com
XP
Country
United States
i dont care for halo at all actually. i beat the 1st and 2nd one (2nd before it came out) and played multiplayer for awhile but i just don't see the hype in it or in GOW.

I really think I'm going to get the xbox 360 but the fact they crap out (atleast on the internet there's alot of reports of it) really makes me think about getting the ps3.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @CameronCataclysm...