PS3 ODDE news

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am a only a casual spectator of PS3 stuff but I remember watching the presentation from the guys who hacked it and they even got the private keys. This was meant to it, the PS3 blown completely open forever, no way to fix it.

I do not know if that was quite the idea and I am quite impressed Sony managed to claw back as much as they did, but there is a large difference between fixed forever and fixed so people can no longer hack it with any old USB drive (people seem rather too attached to softmods). We have not really seen any proper proper hardware hacks to my knowledge either (this sort of thing probably the most advanced) that work alongside this new stuff (some of the timing stuff was pretty good) and barring the new hardware there are some options to go back.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
they're probably on about the new 4.21 CFW someone is working on that would allow for key extraction

There is no such CFW.

There are no LV2 exploits for >4.20: http://www.ps3hax.ne...e-from-kdsbest/

ATM there aren't even any exploits for 3.56-4.20 in order to launch Naehrwert's or KDSbest's LV2 code FW upto 4.20.

Exploits are hampered by the HV.

Until an exploit (A) can be found, and (B) can get past the HV, no new CFW is happening, and no keys will be extractable for this.

Red Power CFW 4.21
http://www.ps3news.com/ps3-cfw-mfw/video-ps3-4-21-cfw-running-doa5-by-red-power-team-demo/

Wanderlei777

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am a only a casual spectator of PS3 stuff but I remember watching the presentation from the guys who hacked it and they even got the private keys. This was meant to it, the PS3 blown completely open forever, no way to fix it.
because if they become defeated they can end paper weights.
I do not know if that was quite the idea and I am quite impressed Sony managed to claw back as much as they did, but there is a large difference between fixed forever and fixed so people can no longer hack it with any old USB drive (people seem rather too attached to softmods). We have not really seen any proper proper hardware hacks to my knowledge either (this sort of thing probably the most advanced) that work alongside this new stuff (some of the timing stuff was pretty good) and barring the new hardware there are some options to go back.

I think the reason people shy away from hardware mods and why they are not widely adopted is because the cost and if they become defeated it can be a expensive paper weight. So hardware is gonna be more for the enthusiast, while software mod people can have a casual tinker with little cost and risk.

I was pretty amazed that Sony got them self out of the hole with private key they used to sign all their software being known. My simple understanding was they couldn't simply change the key or all the game discs out there would be unusable and having the key meant people could sign their own software and it would run the same as official software.

I am always tipping my hat at the geniuses that finds exploits and turn fort knox system in to a open ones but I have to tip my hat to Sony for getting the genie back in the bottle when everyone said it was impossible. (Also their lawsuit side of things prolly sniffled progress too)

Where did they stuff end up? Is it still on going?

lismati

Speedrunner in practice
Trophies
Website
www.wiiplanet.info
XP
Country
Poland
Everything sounded great... until I saw that 3.55 is required...
Oh well, I guess I'll have to wait longer.

Kinda pointless if you need firmware which can be soft modded anyway.
Accessing PSN? Multiplayer? Ability to play newer games (Yes, I know about CEX2DEX, but you lose some features with it), and if Sony actually releases some new features, you can update right away.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
they're probably on about the new 4.21 CFW someone is working on that would allow for key extraction

There is no such CFW.

There are no LV2 exploits for >4.20: http://www.ps3hax.ne...e-from-kdsbest/

ATM there aren't even any exploits for 3.56-4.20 in order to launch Naehrwert's or KDSbest's LV2 code FW upto 4.20.

Exploits are hampered by the HV.

Until an exploit (A) can be found, and (B) can get past the HV, no new CFW is happening, and no keys will be extractable for this.

Red Power CFW 4.21
http://www.ps3news.c...ower-team-demo/

I severely doubt its authenticity.

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everything sounded great... until I saw that 3.55 is required...
Oh well, I guess I'll have to wait longer.

Kinda pointless if you need firmware which can be soft modded anyway.

I agree, there is no way I will update my 3.55 console, unless a newer version of CFW is released. I can already play backups, just about all games can be patched to work on 3.55. I will not trade CFW for online game play, and my softmodded PS2 works fine. The 3K3Y hasn't even been released yet, nobody will know how long it will work for, and if Sony blocks it, then you will be waiting for an update. I'm still waiting for an update for my iEvo.

djbubba2002

Trophies
XP
Country
Were gearing up for our - as in you and us! - busiest season. Xmas! 3k3y, together with Xk3y, will be the 2 brightest stars on your Xmas sales charts. The 3k3y launch will be slightly different from other product launches we have done, so please let us share some important information with you - more will follow shortly.

3k3y for Xmas! SRP (Suggested Retail Price): USD129
3k3y is the perfect solution for PS3 USB loading and gaming.
With 3k3y gamers can rip and play their games from any USB media.

Let's start by recapping some of the most important features:
- Works with both Fat and Slim models (there will be one 3k3y version for each model)
- Plug n play installation, no soldering required
- Integrated game ripper
- Works with full ISO releases
- Works with any official firmware, CFW is not required for operation

3k3y uses very much the same code and components (sans the SATA chip) as Xk3y.
This means we already have a rock solid, well tested system and stock of all major components and are ready to go into production as soon as the shrunken-down hardware has been verified. The tricky software parts, drive emulation and authentication, are already fully working. With components and software in place there's very little to derail a pre-Xmas launch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Faust03 @ Faust03: hey the spam bots are acting up again