Hacking PS3 Jailbreak 3.73?

AkiroWolfman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wanting to know if the method of putting jailbreak onto ps3 3.73 in this website is real or not because I have a friend who is willing to put it onto his PS3 and I was wanting a second opinion on this to tell him its not safe since anything I say is in one ear and out the other.

Here is the link http://ps3-jail-break.blogspot.com/

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Looks REALLY fake to me. A button to "check" if it is working, which will ALWAYS make a pop up appear saying "Working as of" and then the current date and time? Poorly written Engrish-y instructions? Describing a jailbreak as a "file manager" (seriously, what the flip?)? All screams fake nonsense. You can be sure when/if there is a 3.73 jailbreak, it'd be reported on PS3 news sites. Not some random blog you probably found on Google.

Reactions: 1 person

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks REALLY fake to me. A button to "check" if it is working, which will ALWAYS make a pop up appear saying "Working as of" and then the current date and time? Poorly written Engrish-y instructions? Describing a jailbreak as a "file manager" (seriously, what the flip?)? All screams fake nonsense. You can be sure when/if there is a 3.73 jailbreak, it'd be reported on PS3 news sites. Not some random blog you probably found on Google.

This.

If there ever was a way for CFW to work above 3.55, it'd be front page news on almost any major PS3 Scene site. The only thing your friend could do is get the E3 Flasher and downgrade it (Though this will require him to open is his PS3.)

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the only way is to downgrade using the E3 flasher (it was confirmed working on 3.73) to 3.55 then install cfw or use a dongle after you downgrade (you must open your ps3 btw to use the flasher

shanefromoz

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
After you downgrade with e3 flasher all you have to do is add mulitman.
You DO NOT install a cfw or use a dongle or you might brick your ps3.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes, do not (re)install a cfw, OR EVEN the official 3.55 firmware.

The firmware installed by the 3Eflasher when downgrading already allows installation and launching of homebrew (emulators/game manager/media player/pkg installation). Only install homebrew on the "E3Flasher 3.55" firmware, like if you just hacked your console and installed Kmeaw 3.55 cfw.

Upgrading to 3.73+ is fine, just use the official update feature (online, or with a game).

shanefromoz

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hey Cyan with the e3 flasher with a slim ps3 does it require soldering or just install and go?
Also do you know where i can find a good guide to install it?

Cheers

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
No soldering required with the slim.

I don't know any tutorial except the official one (I didn't search any either as I don't plan on buying one), but you should check the official website, and PS3 scene websites like PS3hax or ps3news.
I found only the official guide (17MB).

The website updated their home page on October 25th with additional informations, like video of "correct clipping of the chipset" etc.
http://www.e3-tech.net/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock