Ps3 Games Streaming to the Vita on PS3 CFW 3.55

Zerosuit connor

Baby I'm Back ♥
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
From IGN

Youtube user homer49 has posted several videos of PlayStation 3 games running on the PlayStation Vita via Remote Play.

PS3 firmware 4.0 supports Remote Play officially, but these videos show the Vita using a hacked version of firmware 3.55, which recognises the device as a mobile phone.

As you can see in the videos below, there seem to be some latency issues, but otherwise the games run almost perfectly. The videos show Red Dead Redemption, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Mortal Kombat, Battlefield 3 and others.

We saw Killzone 3 and LittleBigPlanet 2 running flawlessly via Remote Play at Tokyo Game Show last year, and Sony has plans to enable the function for plenty more PS3 games in the future. This, then, is just a taste of what's to come with official Sony support.
The Whole Idea Is that the Ps3 is doing the work and using the Vita As the controller which hasn't been enabled on the vita as of yet.
[yt]_3C5LzU_jss[/yt]
[yt]CdT9yswb8VY[/yt]

Source 1:http://www.eurogamer...via-remote-play
Source 2:http://au.vita.ign.c.../1217012p1.html

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How does this work? Does the PS3 have to be on at all times for the remote play to work?
Yeah Its streaming the game through wifi to the vita, I think, I was pretty sure if it was just a controller it wouldn't show the game on the screen [member='Prowler_'] is that correct?
My bet is it works something like OnLive. The game screen is streamed to the Vita, the input from the Vita is sent to the PS3 for calculation and the cycle continues.

Zerosuit connor

Baby I'm Back ♥
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
How does this work? Does the PS3 have to be on at all times for the remote play to work?
Yeah Its streaming the game through wifi to the vita, I think, I was pretty sure if it was just a controller it wouldn't show the game on the screen [member='Prowler_'] is that correct?
My bet is it works something like OnLive. The game screen is streamed to the Vita, the input from the Vita is sent to the PS3 for calculation and the cycle continues.
How Does Onlive Work? It Streams the game via their servers? And just treats the tablet as a console?

Majorami

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just as Zsuit says... its pretty much what OnLive service has been doing these years. PS3 sends the video signal, PSV sends the controlling signal.

I remember reading that this connectivity can be done via 3G, but am not sure if 3G is suffecient enough to take the video image without any sort of resolution or compression changes.

Reactions: 1 person

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just as Zsuit says... its pretty much what OnLive service has been doing these years. PS3 sends the video signal, PSV sends the controlling signal.

I remember reading that this connectivity can be done via 3G, but am not sure if 3G is suffecient enough to take the video image without any sort of resolution or compression changes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo