Hacking PS3 fat 60gb questions

nodnyl10

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I have an old PS3 fat 60gb, the one notorious for overheating and stuff and shit. I did not jailbreak it or anything until it started automatically shutting off on me to the point i did not play it anymore.

So fast forward to today after like 6 or so years of not using it, i somehow got curious how my PS3 is doing so i tried to turn it on. Upon powering on, i think within 30 seconds to 1 minute, i already got the message of PS3 is overheating and it will shutoff or something. Plus, the fan is going to be so noisy loud that it's like a mini plane taking off.

So my question is, in a serious matter, anything i can do to this PS3? Can this still be use? What else can i do to perhaps somehow save it and play it again? I havent gone to the point of checking my current firmware or even checking my saves. Its really 30 secs to 1 min. before i can do anything and turn off on its own.

PS = I really wanna play God of War Ascension again.

lucks

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You need to change the ternal paste asap, also clean up the fan.
Thermal grizzly kryonaut is good but it s not cheap.
Artic Silver 5 is old and cheaper and better than common shit.

This will not save your ps3, because its fan is not enough, i lost mine because of ylod.
I heard that there are a few water coolers but i m not sure they will help.
The only solution is to use a custom water cooler afaik.

Reactions: nodnyl10

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you dont' already, get an air conditioner, either one for the room you play PS3 in or central air for the whole house (SOL if you're in a...lol apartment without AC already part of it). Keep it cool when playing, even beyond the AC make sure you have good fans in the room, and keep plenty of space around the system so it has room to breathe.

YOUCANTSTOPME

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That specific error message is known for not going away even after cleaning out the system and changing the paste. It's a hardware error, not just overheating. It can't hurt to try fix it, but you may have to cut your losses if that fails and consider the system as junk. Good luck.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: If you want a good system to port it to, at least have a good programmer and knowledge.