PS3 beeps 3 times and restarts sometimes after exiting game or app using the PS button

JackTheFroster

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i believe its probably "normal" in many cases. the PS3 is already known to be a pain in the a$$ with developing games. most games are way more unstable than on the xbox. many reasons are probably because of security, but i have experienced this problem too.

note: overheating, too much memory or maybe even other problems are "normal". the ps3 is in my eyes the most unstable console from sony and there are also tips to prevent your ps3 from dying (like applying new thermal paste and having an eye on some other things, cant remember what exactly). as long as its just happening on exiting games or apps, i wouldnt really mind. but mainly on older systems i recommend checking the internet for tips to let your system last longer.

Last edited by JackTheFroster,

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I don't understand why your systems have so many problems.

Some are hardware-related, I think. Don't forget many of my threads are about doubts.

i believe its probably "normal" in many cases. the PS3 is already known to be a pain in the a$$ with developing games. most games are way more unstable than on the xbox. many reasons are probably because of security, but i have experienced this problem too.

note: overheating, too much memory or maybe even other problems are "normal". the ps3 is in my eyes the most unstable console from sony and there are also tips to prevent your ps3 from dying (like applying new thermal paste and having an eye on some other things, cant remember what exactly). as long as its just happening on exiting games or apps, i wouldnt really mind. but mainly on older systems i recommend checking the internet for tips to let your system last longer.

I don't think it makes sense for it to have this problem when it's not broken. Was Sony just incompetent?

Last edited by Windows_10_User,

JackTheFroster

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Do you think some models have it more than other ones, then?
While also owning a PHAT model that is jailbroken and i think this problem occured more often on this PS3, i believe so.

It could be that older consoles wear out at some point or after all those firmware updates the older models just arent as fast and stable as the newer ones. only my bold assumption, but as long as you still can game on it... otherwise, there is a ps3 emulator :P

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
While also owning a PHAT model that is jailbroken and i think this problem occured more often on this PS3, i believe so.

It could be that older consoles wear out at some point or after all those firmware updates the older models just arent as fast and stable as the newer ones. only my bold assumption, but as long as you still can game on it... otherwise, there is a ps3 emulator :P

My PS3 is Slim. Unfortunately, my PC isn't powerful enough for that.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand why your systems have so many problems.
PS3s in my experience are mostly flawless, the only time I had trouble with a PS3 was when I was falsely sold a faulty PS3 as working.

It showed the green light, but no image. I got a refund thanks to eBay since the seller wouldn't respond.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
PS3s in my experience are mostly flawless, the only time I had trouble with a PS3 was when I was falsely sold a faulty PS3 as working.

It showed the green light, but no image. I got a refund thanks to eBay since the seller wouldn't respond.

I just find it odd that this behavior is considered normal by some users while for others it's not.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
After the 25000 the nec tokin capacitors are not there, so no, it doesnt happen with all PS3 variants.

What's 25000?

My PS3 sometimes beeps when I exit Irisman, but that's no big deal.

Mine as well, when exiting IRISMAN using the PS button after uploading files from the PC to the PS3 with FileZilla Client and with an USB device connected to my PS3 and when returning to XMB from IRISMAN using the Circle button after uploading files from the PC to the PS3 with FileZilla Client and with an USB device connected to my PS3 and when clicking the PS3's power button.

Like I said, the PS3 sometimes also beeps thrice and restarts after exiting a game or app using the PS button with an USB device connected to my PS3, but does your PS3 beep thrice and restart when exiting IRISMAN or does it beep just once and doesn't restart? Anyway, I'm worried about my PS3 being broken because of this behavior, so it's a big deal.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's 25000?

Me too, as well as when I exit games, but does your PS3 beep 3 times and restarts or just once and doesn't restart? Anyway, I'm afraid my PS3 might be broken because of this behavior.
That doesn't happen to me. Just make a backup of data that's important to you if it'll become unusable.

When does one need to activate the PS3 in the PSN, when using another PSN account, another PS3, another HDD, after formatting the PS3, etc.?
I only ever used Apollo to fake-activate my PS3.

I personally don't like using my PSN account with CFW/HEN stuff to avoid the risk of ban and I had it for about 12 years.

Anyway, reckon you're over thinking the PS3 process, it's not that complicated and I got used to it after a while of trial and error.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
That doesn't happen to me. Just make a backup of data that's important to you if it'll become unusable.

I only ever used Apollo to fake-activate my PS3.

I personally don't like using my PSN account with CFW/HEN stuff to avoid the risk of ban and I had it for about 12 years.

Anyway, reckon you're over thinking the PS3 process, it's not that complicated and I got used to it after a while of trial and error.

I activated the system on the PSN.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la