PS3 beeps 3 times and restarts sometimes after exiting game or app using the PS button

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you'd have to ask on psx-place as I've never done it. I'm pretty sure soldering is involved, which may turn off most people.

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can that find the culprit behind the beeps and restart problem or like some other users told me, it's normal PS3 behavior and there's nothing to do about it?
Like "godreborn" mentioned, it could be either the HDD, PSU, or something else.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I can assure you that that's not normal.

It's best to do your own research if none of the solutions help you, but either way, what your PS3 is doing is not normal by any means.

Then I find it odd, since my first PS3 also had this problem and right from the start and others also complained they always had it.

Last edited by Windows_10_User,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no offense, but you do seem to have a lot of problems with your system. what are the odds that all your systems would have some sort of problem. I think this is user error at this point.

Reactions: SylverReZ

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
no offense, but you do seem to have a lot of problems with your system. what are the odds that all your systems would have some sort of problem. I think this is user error at this point.

I don't think so when others complain about the same problems and in some cases I also have them in new consoles. Also, some issues were fixed by homebrew updates.

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It seems to me that it is by design. Most likely due to some sort of software error that happens or the inability for the system to properly flush the program out of the system memory when the game or app exits. Rather than seeing it as a proper exit the system treats it as a crash. Dunno why and doesn't really matter since there is nothing we as users can do to fix it. Let the system reboot and move on.

In the end, there's nothing you can do about it so you just have live with it.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It's best to do your own research if none of the solutions help you, but either way, what your PS3 is doing is not normal by any means.

It seems to me that it is by design. Most likely due to some sort of software error that happens or the inability for the system to properly flush the program out of the system memory when the game or app exits. Rather than seeing it as a proper exit the system treats it as a crash. Dunno why and doesn't really matter since there is nothing we as users can do to fix it. Let the system reboot and move on.

In the end, there's nothing you can do about it so you just have live with it.

So, some users say it's normal and others say it's not...

Also, and is it normal behavior to have no battery after turning off the PSP, taking the battery when it was flashing (meaning it was low in battery), put the battery back and turning on the PSP? I've had this "problem" in all of my 5 PSPs AFAIK.

lafleche

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just 'fun' watching (I hate the SW parts, the parts in between are very interesting)

the replacement of the NEC-Tokins seems not the solution for the ylod but the replacement of the RSX processor (Frankenstein solution) does. Not for the faint of heart.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Just 'fun' watching (I hate the SW parts, the parts in between are very interesting)

the replacement of the NEC-Tokins seems not the solution for the ylod but the replacement of the RSX processor (Frankenstein solution) does. Not for the faint of heart.

I wasn't talking about YLODs in the PS3 and what do "SW parts" mean?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Le youtube face.