Hardware ps vita turns on then shuts off and orange light turns on and off

mileyrock2

bara lover
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my 3g/wifi jpn ps vita turns on and the ps logo appears then shuts off and it doesn't even show the warning and when i plug it in the orange light appears the dissapears after a second i already unplugged the battery multiple times. what should i do? i have a generic usb cabe to charge it and no memory card i also have parental controls on it and i started henkaku as well

TariqSoftDev

~Zexceil
Trophies
XP
Country
it was charging when it happened i used a 3rd party charger
Questions:
*Do you use a 3rd party plug?
>If yes what is the amperage and voltage rated at?
*How do you treat your battery(Do you sometimes leave it laying flat dead and etc)?
*A rough estimate of how many times you've charged your battery

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Some imes, a generic/cheap USB cable is not rated for the Amperage needed by some devices, so they won't get charged as fast or at all.

mileyrock2

bara lover
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i use a 3rd party plug with a samsung brick i dont know the voltage or ampage i usually charge at 50% i think it was at 75 ish when it was working i charged it about 3 times edit: its 100-240vac 50-60hz and 0.15a

Last edited by mileyrock2,

TariqSoftDev

~Zexceil
Trophies
XP
Country
i use a 3rd party plug with a samsung brick i dont know the voltage or ampage i usually charge at 50% i think it was at 75 ish when it was working i charged it about 3 times edit: its 100-240vac 50-60hz and 0.15a
0.15a? that doesn't sound good, the stock Vita charger is around 5V 1.5A DC

Please give the "DC" rating, should looking like 5V - 1.5A or something.

TariqSoftDev

~Zexceil
Trophies
XP
Country
0.15a is alright but charged very slow, but the voltage output must not exceed 5v or it will damage the console.
0.15A is in no way "alright" for the Vita if you understand the way charging works and the power consumption in between.

There's a reason the PS-Vita comes with a 1.5A charger and that is to be able to PROPERLY charge the battery.

is it the charger or battery worst case and hopefully not the mobo cause its on 3.60 and its the 3g version
If you keep charging it at such a low amperage it will take a VERY long time and mess with the PS Vita as well.

Are you sure it is 0.15A? (post a picture of the writing stating this)

mileyrock2

bara lover
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IMG_20180313_203046.jpg IMG_20180313_202806.jpg this is the adapter and power bank i tried to use to fix it

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

the output is 5.0v---0.7a

TariqSoftDev

~Zexceil
Trophies
XP
Country
it still does the orange light thing even on pc but he pc detects it
The battery has to be able to properly charge and hold a stable voltage, when you plug in the charger the power doesn't go straight to charging the battery, it powers things in between, that amount of current is just too low.

On the note of the battery holding stable voltage, it may just be the battery needs replacing.

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The Vita will charge at max. 1A. The vita doesn't accept 2A+ chargers and won't charge at all except with those who deliver dynamic A (like good power banks do).
0,5A are normally sufficient for charging the vita but when the device is powered off chances are that the vita won't charge (sometimes it does, sometimes not depends on USB-charger). Take the original charger for charging or find one which delivers 1A-1,5A and if the battery didn't die the Vita should work again without problems.

P.S.: Thats a lot of "charge" words...

Last edited by GothicIII,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1