PS Vita power light turns on then off a second after

TheGoatHead083

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been having this issue for a little bit where when I try to turn on the system, the green light turns on for about a second, then turns off. A similar behavior is exhibited when the device is charging. I have tried using the various button shortcuts to access certain menus, but none of them have proved to be working. For reference, the device has been modded with HENkaku, was working perfectly before this issue arose, and I was installing themes onto the device, then turned it off like normal. If anyone has any leads to this, I would greatly appreciate the help!
Post automatically merged:

After some further investigation, it appears that Safe Mode / Recovery Mode are unable to be accessed. I am aware that Qcma exists, but I'm not entirely sure whether or not that would work for my scenario.

I have been having this issue for a little bit where when I try to turn on the system, the green light turns on for about a second, then turns off. A similar behavior is exhibited when the device is charging. I have tried using the various button shortcuts to access certain menus, but none of them have proved to be working. For reference, the device has been modded with HENkaku, was working perfectly before this issue arose, and I was installing themes onto the device, then turned it off like normal. If anyone has any leads to this, I would greatly appreciate the help!

After some further investigation, it appears that Safe Mode / Recovery Mode are unable to be accessed. I am aware that Qcma exists, but I'm not entirely sure whether or not that would work for my scenario.
Can Qcma use an SD2VITA to update the firmware, or will I need an OEM memory card?

Last edited by TheGoatHead083,

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
Other than leavi it charging for 1 whole day I don't know what to say. Qcma needs the psvita to be powered on so if you can't access recovery mode maybe there's a problem with the battery

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
[...] maybe there's a problem with the battery
My thoughts also. The battery is the Vita's most problematic part, from not charging using the original adapter or a computer, to dying out of nowhere.

I've had a similar issue lately, my Vita's battery wasn't charging at all, but the Vita did worked OK. It's modded with Ensö on 3.65 firmware and it starts/works just fine. But sometimes the battery refuses to accept charging and the LED just blinks for a split second and turns off, doing the same thing when I try reconnecting the adapter's USB cable to the Vita.

I've had to open the Vita and disconnect the battery, leave it like so for a few minutes while shorting both pins (+ and -) on the board's battery connector, so to discharge every component that might store some energy, most of the time that solves the issue and the battery works correctly again.

Reactions: zekro94

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
My thoughts also. The battery is the Vita's most problematic part, from not charging using the original adapter or a computer, to dying out of nowhere.

I've had a similar issue lately, my Vita's battery wasn't charging at all, but the Vita did worked OK. It's modded with Ensö on 3.65 firmware and it starts/works just fine. But sometimes the battery refuses to accept charging and the LED just blinks for a split second and turns off, doing the same thing when I try reconnecting the adapter's USB cable to the Vita.

I've had to open the Vita and disconnect the battery, leave it like so for a few minutes while shorting both pins (+ and -) on the board's battery connector, so to discharge every component that might store some energy, most of the time that solves the issue and the battery works correctly again.
Really? I've only had 2 vitas in my life both beeing the oled one and it almost never gave me trouble, however it happened once when it refused to power on. Didn't know what to do so I left it charging, after some time I saw the charging indicator and I felt relieved but for a moment I thought it died. I still remember having to leave it for like a day in order to start charging. Good to know for future reference what to do to discharge it

TheGoatHead083

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update: I found out what was wrong with the system: my SD card in my SD2VITA got corrupted and died. After replacing it and reinstalling the homebrew just to play it safe, it works again once more. Thank you for your contributions!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...