prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
heartgold said:
raulpica said:
Well, I do have a 3G plan on my cellphone, and I have 3GBs per month.

Too bad I can't use them on the Vita.
You can probably tether the connection onto your PSV. That's what I'm gonna do if I ever needed some use for it.
Tethering is usually banned on most service providers, you need to pay extra or risk it.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
prowler_ said:
heartgold said:
raulpica said:
Well, I do have a 3G plan on my cellphone, and I have 3GBs per month.

Too bad I can't use them on the Vita.
You can probably tether the connection onto your PSV. That's what I'm gonna do if I ever needed some use for it.
Tethering is usually banned on most service providers, you need to pay extra or risk it.
For rooted android phones?

I pass on the connection to my 3DS sometimes.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
?

I don't get you're getting at, if you think rooting an Android phone means your provider hasn't a clue you're tethering then lol.

They would have a system that alerts them for big/strange downloads then they would check logs, so say if you're tethering to a Windows computer, you ain't going to have an Android phone checking Windows Update.
heartgold said:
I'm allowed to share the conection to my PC, they even mention I can use the connection to browse the internet on my PC by linking my phone to it. That's what one of the staff said anyway.
Okay, that's you.
I'm also talking about other people who are on providers that ban it.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
prowler_ said:
?

I don't get you're getting at, if you think rooting an Android phone means your provider hasn't a clue you're tethering then lol.

They would have a system that alerts them for big/strange downloads then they would check logs, so say if you're tethering to a Windows computer, you ain't going to have an Android phone checking Windows Update.

I'm allowed to share the conection to my PC, they even mention I can use the connection to browse the internet on my PC by linking my phone to it. That's what one of the staff said anyway.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
people really intended to download 500MB-2GB games using 3G?
a lot of providers cut you off for the remainder of the month if you download that much in less than a month, let alone a single file download.

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still debating if I should give a rat's *** about the 3G version. Just an extra $50 bucks for one added feature.. and At&t...

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
FireGrey said:
I don't even think this will be enough for playing games against people online a lot and updating your system
You're reading it wrong.

You can only download 20MB files off PSN, updates (I think Sony said about updates being less crappy than PS3 & PSP since you have to download the whole firmware each time), playing online, talking to friends, Twitter/Facebook is still unlimited until your time runs out.

But why would you want to play online with 3G anyway?

mangaTom

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Say, this may seem off-topic but can we download vita games directly from PSN. The tax in importing games here are unholy.
hateps3.gif

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
mangaTom said:
Say, this may seem off-topic but can we download vita games directly from PSN. The tax in importing games here are unholy.
hateps3.gif

have fun with that you will be paying more than retail value, have you see how much sony charges for ps3 games on the ps store?

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
jalaneme said:
mangaTom said:
hateps3.gif

have fun with that you will be paying more than retail value, have you see how much sony charges for ps3 games on the ps store?
Sony also said they are aware of this but really, it's more up to the publishers than anything so you can't blame Sony that much.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
jalaneme said:
mangaTom said:
hateps3.gif

Considering he would be saving on importing the game, I'd say it would be a viable method.

Ace

GBATemp's Patrick Bateman
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
Gwaith said:
prowler_ said:
But why would you want to play online with 3G anyway?

Playing online during my 1 hour commute?

Unless you can afford unlimited 3G (if such a thing even exists
rofl2.gif
), not many people are going to be using it for gaming, I'd suppose. I reckon most people use 3G for very simple games (like the casual games on smartphones) or for social networking/browsing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu