Einstone

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hello,

I have a PS TV that I usually put on standby instead of shutdown, so I can easily turn it on with the controller.

The problem is that I have all the games organized in folders, having a lot of them (100+).

But if I have a energy shutdown (sometimes happen in my country) all the games icons are appear messed...

I tried o use Database Manager application, but with no luck... even after saving the icon layout, I still have this problem.

Does anyone knows a way to save my game icons layout?

Thank you

Einstone

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Thank you.

I did like you said... but every time I backup and then restore the file, when I restart the PS TV it rebuild the database and mess the icon layout again... :(

Einstone

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Sorry I don't understood your question.

I'm using a PS TV with an attached external USB disk for storage.

I place the icons as I want... then copy ur0:shell/db/app.db to somewhere else.

When I pick the file from the backup location, put it in ur0:shell/db overwriting the app.db and then reset the PS TV, the database is rebuilt and mess the icons again.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the app.db has folders listed. put the games in the order you want, then test if the system works by restarting. if it does, copy the app.db to your computer for safe keeping. tbh, it sounds like something is wrong with the hdd. if the hdd or sd card loses connection, it will rebuild the database.

Reactions: Einstone

Einstone

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Ok, thanks I'll try that.

But if for some reason the database is rebuild, it should be just necessary to overwrite the app.db using the backup and restart? It should not trigger a database rebuild, right?

Because I think my issue is related with every time I change app.db triggers a database rebuild when I restart (If I do not restart I do not see any change on the screen)

Last edited by Einstone,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unless you've done something wrong, it won't trigger a rebuild of the database. my backup app.db is how I get everything arranged again if I accidentally turn the system on without my flash drive inserted.

Reactions: Einstone

Einstone

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Well, it did not worked.

I had a energy shutdown, tried to restore the app.db and every single time I do it and restart (using vitashell to copy and restart) it rebuild the database...

I do not know what to do... this happens every time I have a energy shutdown, because my external is powered by a USB connection to my PC, that does not restart automatically... but my PSTV restarts... and loads without the disk... after that I screwed :(

kaymynd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you name your folders? Or leave them blank? I remember facing this issue when i had folders with no names, but ever since I've started naming all my folders, i can copy with database manager app no problems.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
folder names are in the app.db actually along with the position and page (locations) of each icon. folders have a page and position as well. I'm not sure about if the names are blank.

kaymynd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes i know but name them on the vita, i had the same issue as you and only way i fixed it was by naming all the folders on my vita and then backing up the app.db now whenever i restore the app.db it works no problem. Before i would not name the folders so i had a bunch of them with no names and i think it confuses the vita when trying to restore app.db with no name folders and that's why they get all mixed up.

1. Make sure all folders are named after you're done organizing all your icons on your vita. Do not leave any folders unnamed!
2. Back up app.db
3. whenver you need to restore app.db, and it should work without mixing all the icons up.
4. don't forget to update app.db backup if you make any changes to your vita.

Last edited by kaymynd,

seeWood

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey, i would like to know the Same. How is it possible to keep the icons in Position when swapping the Cards.

ur0:....app.db cannot solve it because it is always on ur0 (internal Partition) so my original Sony card access the ur0:....app.db and my sd2vita too.

It must be a file on ux0: but it isnt the ux0:iconlayout.ini! So how to fix that?

Last edited by seeWood,

eighthdayregret

fnerrrrrrrrrr!
Trophies
Website
eighthsregrets.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
What firmware are you running? Enso or h-encore?
Also, if you're using your external HDD as your main memory, but still have to boot into CFW when you restart, THAT'S why your applications keep getting screwed up.
When you start your PSTV and the HDD is supposed to be what's loaded first, instead of a memory card, that would be your issue. Your PSTV is not seeing the HDD on boot. To prevent the issue you're seeing, you need to have a memory card inserted all the time, so when the PSTV boots, it'll see your properly arranged app.db.
I swap. 2 SD2Vitas all the time, and the Vita never gives me the issue you're talking about.

Last edited by eighthdayregret,

seeWood

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ok. I think it must be a file on ux0:

i noticed that in ux0:bgdl/w/ are files that are marked by the date and time when it rebuilds the database. I thougt that these files inside bgdl are psn related.

when i changed storagemgr from uma0 to ux0 it rebuilds everytime. (Not the same files are on both Cards). Only VitaShell, Enso and some other Henkaku related stuff are the Same.

it is patch_bg.bin and patch_internal.bin

Edit: i tried to copy these files with and without iconlayout, nothing changed. These 3 files are the only touched files in VitaShell with Date and Time from the rebuild

Last edited by seeWood,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Only thing you catch are STDs.