PS Classic - Do you SD or USB? plus other Qs

Deleted member 42501

OP
Trophies
XP
Just picked one of these up as I saw quite a nifty video where it booted directly into Retro Arch so I feel like giving it a spin. Question I have though is I've read that there are quite a few issues with USB. Either finding a memory stick that works or the ones that do can corrupt. Currently looking at the Sandisk 64GB SDCZ33-064G-B35 as it seems to be the one but I'm wondering if anyone has went the USB>MicroSD adapter route as theoretically that should be the most compatible and use the least current and thus should be a case of set and forget, correct?

Also whats the difference between all the types of mods? I'm not really interested in playing PSX stuff but want the best performance for RA so would that be RetroBoot?

Thanks

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hopefully someone who is up to date with this stuff can answer as I haven't touched mine in quite a while, but I understand there is OTG support now which eliminates the power issues that plagued certain USB sticks. Personally, I used a powered hub so never had those issues anyway.

I think Retroboot is probably your best bet for what you want to do.

Deleted member 42501

OP
Trophies
XP
Thanks, I prefer to keep it looking as clean as possible and don't really want to use a hub so will look into the OTG option.

Also this excellent post covers absolutely everything about memory sticks, voltage, how to mod etc.. and is well worth a read:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Playstatio...drive_compatibility_the_playstation_classics/

If anyone in the UK wants to extend their controller then this cable:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/JuicEBitz-22AWG-Female-Extension-Charger-Black/dp/B0773ST45Q/

with its low profile enough to fit inside the controller as a direct extension that allows you to keep the original connectors. Its a little bit chunkier than the original but it all fits easily inside the controller and the connectors are low profile.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night