1. ThePSGuy

OP ThePSGuy Member
    Newcomer

France
    Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone found a reliable way to enable the PS Button on PS3 using a PS4 controller connected via a wire. It doesn’t work by default but there has to be a way to enable this with a modded PS3 right?

Both my PS3 controllers are broken so right now my only way to play is to use my PS4 controllers however it’s a pain in the ass because I have to shut down the console every time I want to go back to the XMB (and by the way, I don’t even know if it’s safe or not to shut down a console using the on/off button multiple times a day).

I heard about an homebrew called PS3xPAD but apparently it doesn’t work well and you might be banned if you use this online.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Last edited by ThePSGuy, Jun 18, 2018
  2. LolcatPlays

LolcatPlays GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I use PS3xPad on the native setting. It turns the PS4 controller into a PS3. The only real way to get banned is by using custom which is for xbox controllers

focusonme likes this.
  3. replicashooter

replicashooter GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Does that actually work? I’d heard the app was meh at best.

Wonder why no one has put together a base level patch that just reassigns a home button for the ds4 as it’s a great controller.

ThePSGuy likes this.
  4. ThePSGuy

OP ThePSGuy Member
    Newcomer

France
    Great, I would like to have more informations from you then :

1) Have you been using it for a long time?
    2) Do you have any issues with it or does it works as intended?
    3) You are telling me you can’t be banned using the native setting so I’m assuming you are indeed playing online with it and have never been banned yourself right?

Thanks.

focusonme likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - DualShock, Button,