Hardware PS 4.5 with 4K support coming soon.

• Thread starter Deleted-355425
  • Start date
  • Views 9,118
  • Replies 81
  • Likes 1

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ps4 itself is already a slim version. Its hardware is by no means cutting edge, its cheaply made and besides 2 usb ports theres not much else to it. Heck my ps4 is smaller than my slim ps3 lol

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ps4 itself is already a slim version. Its hardware is by no means cutting edge, its cheaply made and besides 2 usb ports theres not much else to it. Heck my ps4 is smaller than my slim ps3 lol
which means the next one will eschew the BD drive altogether, and sony can enforce a full on rental-only subscription model, while charging full price for games 20 years from now, assuming they'll even support games six months after release.:nayps3:

Reactions: netovsk

Nismax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's pretty clear that this is being done to compete with what Nintendo has up their sleeve with the NX. Japanese are strange, competing companies are in the know about what other companies are doing in supposed secrecy. It's why Nissan, Honda and Toyota always have similar looking cars during each generation. Honda has a track record of ripping off Nissan, and Toyota sits quietly doing their bland thing and releasing models that are similar as well. At least in the 80's and 90's. These days I really don't care to keep up with who is doing what first. But in the 80's and 90's it was Nissan who introduced certain body styles, engine advancements and technology, while Honda would rip it off. Toyota not so much, but there are still a few examples.

D

Deleted-355425

I think it's pretty clear that this is being done to compete with what Nintendo has up their sleeve with the NX. Japanese are strange, competing companies are in the know about what other companies are doing in supposed secrecy. It's why Nissan, Honda and Toyota always have similar looking cars during each generation. Honda has a track record of ripping off Nissan, and Toyota sits quietly doing their bland thing and releasing models that are similar as well. At least in the 80's and 90's. These days I really don't care to keep up with who is doing what first. But in the 80's and 90's it was Nissan who introduced certain body styles, engine advancements and technology, while Honda would rip it off. Toyota not so much, but there are still a few examples.

Nintendo always release inferior consoles compared to sony, even so they dont release their new console when playstation and xbox release theirs :D

Nintendo will have a shock when the PS4.5 drops the same time the NX comes out trololo.

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo always release inferior consoles compared to sony, even so they dont release their new console when playstation and xbox release theirs :D

Nintendo will have a shock when the PS4.5 drops the same time the NX comes out trololo.
I think both Sony and Nintendo are shooting themselves in the foot, tbh.

We don't need a new PS4, we're fine with the current PS4. Sure, not as good compared to a PC, but it's better than the Xbox One. The PS4 is winning this generation, a PS4.5 will only be fucking the consumers. It will cause fragmentation.

As for Nintendo, why release a console mid-generation? It just won't work. They should stick with the Wii U for a few more years. Let this generation end, then release the NX alongside the PS5 and the next Xbox. Make it have decent hardware and easy to develop for. Make it have great 3rd party support. Once that happens, Nintendo's console can finally be considered a main console, and not a secondary console.

Reactions: nxwing
D

Deleted-355425

I think both Sony and Nintendo are shooting themselves in the foot, tbh.

We don't need a new PS4, we're fine with the current PS4. Sure, not as good compared to a PC, but it's better than the Xbox One. The PS4 is winning this generation, a PS4.5 will only be fucking the consumers. It will cause fragmentation.

As for Nintendo, why release a console mid-generation? It just won't work. They should stick with the Wii U for a few more years. Let this generation end, then release the NX alongside the PS5 and the next Xbox. Make it have decent hardware and easy to develop for. Make it have great 3rd party support. Once that happens, Nintendo's console can finally be considered a main console, and not a secondary console.

i completely agree with you about Nintendo but i dont think they ever will change their ways, as for the PS4 i think the PS VR is to blame for the spec bump.

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meanwhile, I still don't have a PS4.

Would it be worth it? or not?
Well, if you don't own a PS4, then yeah, the PS4.5 might be worth it. This is mostly screwing over users who already own a PS4.. Which are a lot of people last time I checked. (Haven't like, 40M PS4's been sold?)

Reactions: nxwing
D

Deleted-355425

id wait personally, unless you are looking for one with firmware 1.76 and lower. The normal ps4 will drop in price soon.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Well, if you don't own a PS4, then yeah, the PS4.5 might be worth it. This is mostly screwing over users who already own a PS4.. Which are a lot of people last time I checked. (Haven't like, 40M PS4's been sold?)
I can wait, I don't need more than what I currently have right now, my PS3 is still being used :D
id wait personally, unless you are looking for one with firmware 1.76 and lower. The normal ps4 will drop in price soon.
Not interested in PS4 hacking scene right now :P SO yeah

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
10 or so yrs ago i bought a new TV , they guy was tryin to force me to pay extra for 1080p the fledling Bluray and ps3 were all i could use it for.. i bought 720.. and saved some cash and still have the same TV .. cannot see people buying a new console for just 4K ...

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
10 or so yrs ago i bought a new TV , they guy was tryin to force me to pay extra for 1080p the fledling Bluray and ps3 were all i could use it for.. i bought 720.. and saved some cash and still have the same TV .. cannot see people buying a new console for just 4K ...
Also this yeah. My TV is 1080P only, and I'll keep it until it decides to not work anymore. Might wait for a good while hahah

Luanking

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I cant believe that upcoming PS4.5 will support native 4K because for that you need graphic cards on pc which cost more than 500€ !

Reactions: netovsk

KSP

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cant believe that upcoming PS4.5 will support native 4K because for that you need graphic cards on pc which cost more than 500€ !
It can't support 4K. It has a 4K upscaler which will upscale the current OS and 1080p games at 4K. It will also play 4K Bluray movies, but its CPU and GPU are only marginally better than the PS4. It can't even come close to doing 4K in game graphics unless it's running Pong 4K.

The PS4 Neo is a rip off. Only good if you don't already own a PS4. The upgrade will allow games that ran at 900p at 30fps to 1080p at 60fps, that's all. It pretty much unlocks the full 1080p ability of the system, pathetic I know.

You can now finally play The Witcher 3 in full 60fps at 1080p. LOL And watch the wonder of your PS4 OS in full 4K upscaled glory. Yes those game tiles will look awesome.

Last edited by KSP,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Sonic Angel Knight, Meth cake lol