ROM Hack Project Z, Open source SSB4 HACK!

TheSockNaster

Kawaii
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone at gbatemp
I wanna know if anyone wants to help out on a new project called "PROJECT Z" Its an open source project for personal Entertainment. I would wanna know how to edit models and textures to make a pretty badass hack

It will be the first ever FULLY HACKED SSB4 ROM. Project M said they are sticking to Wii U so that's why I want to be the first one to make a hacked rom.

Thank You GBATemp users for helping me out on this project

You sound like you have no idea what you are doing. If you think you want to make 3D models for SSB4 then you need an amazing computer with a REALLY good processor to render the images. You also might need a good gaming computer if you want your computer to show your models. Also you will need to pay for a really expensive model making application. As well as that can you render the models to work on the 3DS? So when you have all of that then P.M me.

Last edited by TheSockNaster,

Epultia

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
You sound like you have no idea what you are doing. If you think you want to make 3D models for SSB4 then you need an amazing computer with a REALLY good processor to render the images. You also might need a good gaming computer if you want your computer to show your models. Also you will need to pay for a really expensive model making application. As well as that can you render the models to work on the 3DS? So when you have all of that then P.M me.
I mean texture editing, model editing is easy as well as long as you know what your doing

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Interesting! new characters and stages are my main interest xD
but for now, I only want undub =3=
(and redub just for fun lol but I tried and failed hard to open the voice files)

Last edited by Sliter,

Reisyukaku

Onii-sama~
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States
I dont play smash, but last i checked, there was no public way to recompress the dt file. Has this changed? Also as far as models go, I've only gotten trophies to render in ohana. I dont think the other models have normal vert data.. So at the very most, you could get away with reskins (unless ofc someone takes the time to figure that out).

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Never mind all the technical issues for now. Do you have a clear goal in mind? What is it that you want to accomplish with this? If it's just modding for the sake of modding, you won't really get anywhere. That mindset (and sufficient hacking skills) may lead someone to develop tools, but if you're not focused on a goal, you're probably going to get nowhere in creating an actual full mod.

Demonslayerx8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont play smash, but last i checked, there was no public way to recompress the dt file. Has this changed? Also as far as models go, I've only gotten trophies to render in ohana. I dont think the other models have normal vert data.. So at the very most, you could get away with reskins (unless ofc someone takes the time to figure that out).
if you mean the .mbn files... my friend looked at it and he located vert data in it... smash3ds... fighters use bch for bones and textures, and mbn for their models

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1