Gaming Project X looks amazing

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you watch peeps will find something to bitch and moan about it like how it doesn't look close to as good as FF or the grass looks fake or the rocks don 't have enough textures on them :creep:

easy you don't resist :P

You got that right, people will always bitch and nit-pick about something solely based on the fact that it isn't up to their standards or on their system. Why the PS4 and Xbox One have newer hardware, the Wii U is a very capable machine irrespective of being the "weakest" of the three. Developers like Monolith Soft know how to use the machine, other developers are either too lazy and/or don't care IMHO.

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this game is going to be like Xenoblade, then it will not get a North America release at first, until enough people bitch about it, then after a year or so, it will be released in North America. Hmm, better start crying to Nintendo right now so NA can get it at release date.

Reactions: JoostinOnline

ggyo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo consumers basing their purchase decision on graphics... every new Nintendo generation literally means a switched end of ideological spectrums for the Nintendo loyalist. What a peculiar creature.

ggyo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the one game that will justify my Wii U purchase.

x03l8bit.gif

datcolor0szbf.gif

looks soooo good.
It's surprising that the WiiU struggles to render these graphics smoothly when there are games similar to this fidelity with higher scaled areas that run smoothly on the Xbox 360.

GIF 1
- The shrubs to the right of the screen near the edge of the cliff that the white mech flies off of shifts through phases of rendering unsmoothly once they get close enough to the mech
- The stone pillars to the right and at a distance of the mech also shift through phases of rendering unsmoothly when the mech is mid-flight
- Miscellanous objects appear, disappear and reappear on the far ground while the mech is in mid-flight (watch in-between the fifth and sixth pillars from the right side of the screen, within the fog far in the distance, and near the base of the middle pillar of the three pillars that are alligned parallel to the flight path of the mech)
- Stone pillar shadows flicker while the mech is in mid-flight

GIF 2
- The grass is apparently two-dimensional patches layered, volumized, and discolored to appear dynamic
- The player has a north-facing shadow, but the large creature in the back has no shadow facing north (or any direction)
- Boulder to the immediate left of the prominent foreleg of the large creature shifts through phases of rendering unsmoothly
- Undynamic flora movement (precalculated swaying movements are probably present, but very last gen)
- Characters gun mounted on his back has no physical attachments
- (?) Seemingly glitching creature in the background to the right of the hindlegs of the large creature, hovering to the right, above creatures similar to it but un airborne (this doesn't really count, as it's conjecture)

Ugly game.

beta4attack

Trophies
XP
Country
You sound like someone sour over this not coming to other platforms. I mean, really? Who would notice all that unless they're scouring for for negativity about the game? And you do realize that this game is far from finished, probably still has over one more year to be released. So, in other words, could you please go back to your Xbox One/360 forums? Thanks in advance~
Sheesh... People these days just want to ruin all the fun by any mean necessary...

ggyo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You sound like someone sour over this not coming to other platforms. I mean, really? Who would notice all that unless they're scouring for for negativeness about the game? And you do realize that this game is far from finished, probably still has over one more year to be released. So, in other words, could you please go back to your Xbox One/360 forums? Thanks in advance~
Sheesh... People these days just want to ruin all the fun by any mean necessary...
Ad hominems and red herrings! Clever!

I reeeaaally didn't enjoy Xenoblade Chronicles, and found it to be an exceptionally ugly, RPG, even for the Wii, and had not a single stellar aspect to it.

Tetsuya Takahashi, who apparently "poured his soul" into the game, has shown that the content of his spiritual expression is equivilent to the creativity of a plain cardboard box. There is absolutely nothing special about this game. The graphics, for a late Wii game, are akin and worse to most of the earliest Wii games, the gameplay borrows from the technologically compensating systems of MMORPGs, the music isn't special, the voice acting is okay but mostly hyperbolic, the characters are undynamic, flat characters (no static or roundness), the story inverts the paradigm of all great stories through history by starting with a view of the grand picture and going NOWHERE, instead of moving outwards from the inside, there are multitudes of plotholes...

I dislike most everything about it, but Wii gamers typically hail it as something special because they're so thirsty for anything. After experiencing the molten hot, barren desert of games that is the Wii, you loyalists manage to savour the cold piss that Monolith serves you with velocity and jubilence, and you're ready to do it all over again with the WiiU if things do turn out the same.

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ad hominems and red herrings! Clever!

I reeeaaally didn't enjoy Xenoblade Chronicles, and found it to be an exceptionally ugly, RPG, even for the Wii, and had not a single stellar aspect to it.

Tetsuya Takahashi, who apparently "poured his soul" into the game, has shown that the content of his spiritual expression is equivilent to the creativity of a plain cardboard box. There is absolutely nothing special about this game. The graphics, for a late Wii game, are akin and worse to most of the earliest Wii games, the gameplay borrows from the technologically compensating systems of MMORPGs, the music isn't special, the voice acting is okay but mostly hyperbolic, the characters are undynamic, flat characters (no static or roundness), the story inverts the paradigm of all great stories through history by starting with a view of the grand picture and going NOWHERE, instead of moving outwards from the inside, there are multitudes of plotholes...

I dislike most everything about it, but Wii gamers typically hail it as something special because they're so thirsty for anything. After experiencing the molten hot, barren desert of games that is the Wii, you loyalists manage to savour the cold piss that Monolith serves you with velocity and jubilence, and you're ready to do it all over again with the WiiU if things do turn out the same.

I created this thread to discuss why Project X looks amazing and undoubtedly like a good game, and people are entitled to your opinion. If you're not going to be agreeable and vehemently counteract others' opinions solely based on groundless evidence, I'd suggest you display your diatribe elsewhere.

I think the term you're looking for is "straw man" not "ad hominem". I don't care what your view on graphics are, I don't care if you like the game or not, but for the love of all that's holy, stop lumping all Nintendo fans together and blindly assume they all have the same mindsets and mentality.

Opinions are fine, but being contentious with others and labeling all Nintendo fans as being overzealous or being bitter about certain games is beyond asinine. Just because you don't like the games does not reflect the thought and opinions of others who have played the game Xenoblade. I'd advise you desist further tirades until you can come up with incontrovertible/irrefutable evidence as to WHY the game is not up to your standards and why you assume that because some Nintendo followers are hellbent on loving graphics that all of them are mindless drones.

Opinions are not constituted as factual information. As the maintainer of this thread, you are to not engage in flaming, baiting or any other form of trolling. If you have an issue with a member, use the PM system, I don't want my thread cluttered with garbage. I will bring in a moderator if I have to.

You do have a life outside of what seems to be spending innumerable hours "analyzing" everything wrong with a game being on an Nintendo console, right?

Again, these are opinions, not facts. If you can't enjoy a game (esp. one that isn't near completion) without being bother with such troglodytic trivial things, all the while no one else here is bothered with it, there's something seriously wrong with your "perspective". Seriously, I don't want to argue with you because that would only add fuel to the fire, but holy hell, must you bitch about EVERY single thing about the graphics?

They don't cater to your insatiable needs, but to others they don't care. Again, if you can't look at or play a game without being picky about the graphics, that's just sad. I just played Star Ocean 3 for the PS2. The graphics aren't that great, even for a PS2, but I still enjoyed it. How? The gameplay was of utmost importance. Man, I'd hate to think what your view on N64, Snes or even NES game is.

Please, take your graphics-are-better-than-gameplay arguments somewhere else. I do NOT want to have to warn you again. Besides, I could just as easily spot imperfections in PS3, Xbox 360 and even PS4 game screenshots and videos, but why would I want to do that? I've better things to do like supporting Nintendo and its subsidiary companies.

beta4attack

Trophies
XP
Country
So, in other words, your opinion is the perfect fact that speaks for the whole human race? And dude, you just want to state your opinion, we have blogs and other crap implemented in these forums, this thread was a fan thread of the game, not a hate thread! Just make a haters club for the game or something, but why ruin the fun? And on top of all that, who said the graphics must be top notch for a game to be enjoyed? I'm sorry, but you still sound like someone sour in denial about how this game won't come to your beloved console. Really, if you don't like something, ignore it.

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, in other words, your opinion is the perfect fact that speaks for the whole human race? And dude, you just want to state your opinion, we have blogs and other crap implemented in these forums, this thread was a fan thread of the game, not a hate thread! Just make a haters club for the game or something, but why ruin the fun? And on top of all that, who said the graphics must be top notch for a game to be enjoyed? I'm sorry, but you still sound like someone sour in denial about how this game won't come to your beloved console. Really, if you don't like something, ignore it.

If he continues in his disagreeable ways and insists on contending with everything we said, I will report him. Nothing wrong with an opinion, but forcing it down everyone's throats in hopes of swaying people to think his way....that's wrong in so many ways. People can think whatever they want, if people want to hate Nintendo, fine, but this is NOT the thread to do it in. I'm going to add a disclaimer.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
It's surprising that the WiiU struggles to render these graphics smoothly when there are games similar to this fidelity with higher scaled areas that run smoothly on the Xbox 360.
What makes you think it struggles to run it? You are looking at a gif (a format that is known for its low quality) of an open world game (which usually have lower graphic quality as a trade in for the massive amount of content) in its early stages (and in the early stages of the Wii U) from a developer that focuses a lot more on story and gameplay than eye candy.

Why don't you take a look at Oblivion, a near-launch game on the 360 that had an open world, and tell me if it looks better than X:

The 360 had problems running it. After years, games got better because developers learned how to squeeze extra juice.

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What makes you think it struggles to run it? You are looking at a gif (a format that is known for its low quality) of an open world game (which usually have lower graphic quality as a trade in for the massive amount of content) in its early stages (and in the early stages of the Wii U) from a developer that focuses a lot more on story and gameplay than eye candy.

Why don't you take a look at Oblivion, a near-launch game on the 360 that had an open world, and tell me if it looks better than X:

The 360 had problems running it. After years, games got better because developers learned how to squeeze extra juice.

It's a fair comparison, Xbox 360 launch title to Wii U launch title; the Wii U launch is comparatively better irrespective of what others say, it cannot be refuted.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
It's a fair comparison, Xbox 360 launch title to Wii U launch title; the Wii U launch is comparatively better irrespective of what others say, it cannot be refuted.
People keep comparing Wii U launch titles to PS360 titles at the very end of their time. Devs have had 7 years to master developing games on those, compared to the Wii U's 7-8 months.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Exactly. I hope someone hacks EA's servers and spams images from this game with a message saying: "What was wrong with the Wii U again?"
To which they'll put on their websites:

"There's just no competing with the strong first and second party titles. See also: project X."

I don't get it. EA never said that they couldn't port frostbite engine 3...they said that it wasn't worth the effort. And with wiiu sales and strong direct competition (this game), they're probably right about that. So other than convincing EA not to make wiiu games...what's the point of rubbing it in like that? :unsure:

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If this doesn't convince people of the Wii U's GPU potential, I don't know what will :P
you watch peeps will find something to bitch and moan about it like how it doesn't look close to as good as FF or the grass looks fake or the rocks don 't have enough textures on them :creep:[/quote]

gfxwhoretag.jpg

Ugly game.
see how quick my prediction came true they just can't fucking help themselves! go back to the ps4 forum and jack off over your precious FF :rolleyes:

ForteGospel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just as i was about to say that i expected certain people to show up and bash the game, and right after that saying that xenoblades was crap and they didnt enjoyed it, we have a suspiciously newcomer saying the same things

i am on the wrong profession...

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just as i was about to say that i expected certain people to show up and bash the game, and right after that saying that xenoblades was crap and they didnt enjoyed it, we have a suspiciously newcomer saying the same things

i am on the wrong profession...

Again, I've nothing against people having opinions, but they're just that, opinions, I wish people wouldn't pass them off as fact. If I wanted to accept ggyo's hatred, I would have created a thread for that, but he really should have watched the video instead of animated gifs.

D

Deleted_171835

GIF 1
- The shrubs to the right of the screen near the edge of the cliff that the white mech flies off of shifts through phases of rendering unsmoothly once they get close enough to the mech
- The stone pillars to the right and at a distance of the mech also shift through phases of rendering unsmoothly when the mech is mid-flight
- Miscellanous objects appear, disappear and reappear on the far ground while the mech is in mid-flight (watch in-between the fifth and sixth pillars from the right side of the screen, within the fog far in the distance, and near the base of the middle pillar of the three pillars that are alligned parallel to the flight path of the mech)
- Stone pillar shadows flicker while the mech is in mid-flight

GIF 2
- The grass is apparently two-dimensional patches layered, volumized, and discolored to appear dynamic
- The player has a north-facing shadow, but the large creature in the back has no shadow facing north (or any direction)
- Boulder to the immediate left of the prominent foreleg of the large creature shifts through phases of rendering unsmoothly
- Undynamic flora movement (precalculated swaying movements are probably present, but very last gen)
- Characters gun mounted on his back has no physical attachments
- (?) Seemingly glitching creature in the background to the right of the hindlegs of the large creature, hovering to the right, above creatures similar to it but un airborne (this doesn't really count, as it's conjecture)

Ugly game.
Please tell me you're joking.

Reactions: the_randomizer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end