• Views 2,077,147
  • Replies 1,683
  • Likes 90

Wuigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before you start playing the crossover, which is awful imo because of Maya and and Sophie having horrible voice actors in German and the trials weren't that good and because of Layton bs logic like always, rather play Ace Attorney Investigations 1 and 2.
It takes place after AA3 so it makes more sense anyway, it doesn't have to do anything with Phoenix Wright however.
They are somewhat different but still similar the AA 1-3, but the graphics are better imo because AA 1-3 were just GBA ports and the images weren't completely optimized for the DS.
The soundtrack is also really great and in the fan translation of AAI 2 it is especially good.

Manuel0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi,

will a Japanese eShop copy of the game allow me to play with the translation patch? The cartridge is super expensive so I plan to buy it on the eShop when it's on sale again (has been 50 % off the last couple of times) unless there's no way to patch the eShop version :/

brennerei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I would but id only ever use it for AA4 so im not really down with doing that. Hmmm damn you guys for making me more intrested in AA4! ill have to emulate it in my mobile or laptop Xp
I know you probably plan on playing it already, but please do! :P Don't play 5 before 4. It's not like you NEED to play 4 before 5, but it is a direct sequel and it will mention a lot of 4 and have characters from 4. Also, 4 is probably my favorite. Not the most popular opinion, but there's just so much I love about it, that I can't choose the others! (:

Lycan911

wolf boi
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi,

will a Japanese eShop copy of the game allow me to play with the translation patch? The cartridge is super expensive so I plan to buy it on the eShop when it's on sale again (has been 50 % off the last couple of times) unless there's no way to patch the eShop version :/
Yes, you will be able to patch the eShop version. All you need is homebrew access to be able to run HANS with the patch.

Shogun Emblem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to post to express my appreciation for this translation project. It looks on-par with the professional releases from Capcom and I look forward to getting to experience the game in English.

Reactions: Abu_Senpai

ollietaro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi,

How on Earth do you get the Japanese eshop copy of the game? You say a cartridge is super expensive but so is a Japanese 3DS!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You guys need to add a donate button for your cause just in case some fans would like to show their appreciation. I pay for my localizations and will once it is complete. I will donate $10.00 after I have successfully patched the game and played through a bit of it. You have my word.

aa COMPLETE with added credits.gif

uyjulian

Homebrewer
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
How on Earth do you get the Japanese eshop copy of the game? You say a cartridge is super expensive but so is a Japanese 3DS!

You guys need to add a donate button for your cause just in case some fans would like to show their appreciation. I pay for my localizations and will once it is complete. I will donate $10.00 after I have successfully patched the game and played through a bit of it. You have my word.

View attachment 62048
freeshop/ciangel

Manuel0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

I do have a Japanese 3DS. And just because I can afford product A doesn't mean I can/want to afford product B. Especially not when the cartridge is 50+ EUR but on the eShop it's only 25 when it's on sale.

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
I know you probably plan on playing it already, but please do! :P Don't play 5 before 4. It's not like you NEED to play 4 before 5, but it is a direct sequel and it will mention a lot of 4 and have characters from 4. Also, 4 is probably my favorite. Not the most popular opinion, but there's just so much I love about it, that I can't choose the others! (:

currently on Chapter 2 of AA AJ

Reactions: Braig and KJ1

ollietaro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I do have a Japanese 3DS. And just because I can afford product A doesn't mean I can/want to afford product B. Especially not when the cartridge is 50+ EUR but on the eShop it's only 25 when it's on sale.

I understand. For my purposes, buying a whole new system for one game is too much. 25 Euros is still pricey to me but would definitely be the cheapest copy of the game(it translates to $36 CAD where I'm from). Also, I am also future-proofing my potential purchase b/c if DGS gets a western release, I will be stuck with a Japanese copy of the game so if it comes to that, I would get the premium Japanese edition b/c it has exclusives like the artbook and soundtrack so I wouldn't just be stuck with the game. I understand it will be pricier but I am willing to save up. DGS standard is $70 and the premium is $100+.

aa COMPLETE with added credits.gif

Can any member of the project team please tell me if we'll see a release (full or one episode, at least) by the end of 2016? I know Investigations 2 took four years so I'm tempering my expectations.

uyjulian

Homebrewer
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
I understand. For my purposes, buying a whole new system for one game is too much. 25 Euros is still pricey to me but would definitely be the cheapest copy of the game(it translates to $36 CAD where I'm from). Also, I am also future-proofing my potential purchase b/c if DGS gets a western release, I will be stuck with a Japanese copy of the game so if it comes to that, I would get the premium Japanese edition b/c it has exclusives like the artbook and soundtrack so I wouldn't just be stuck with the game. I understand it will be pricier but I am willing to save up. DGS standard is $70 and the premium is $100+.

View attachment 62475

Can any member of the project team please tell me if we'll see a release (full or one episode, at least) by the end of 2016? I know Investigations 2 took four years so I'm tempering my expectations.
Use CIAngel if you don't want to pay

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I am still keeping watch on this project. I really like the idea of this spinoff and it is weird to me they would not localize the game. Probably because localization for the series in general is knee deep making it american. Even when unrelated to the series they probably felt the overly Japanese main characters would not fly or something. Which is bull, way more japanese games perform well on the system too but I digress.

While getting to play the localized version of Spirit of Justice, I am still looking forward for this project to finish one day. I'd apply as tester if it did not possibly spoil the game in disjointed manner. Maybe.

Anyway, in the Spirit of Justice, may great attorney rise - rather somewhat sooner than later.

NicoAiko

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Do you still need Translators?
I kinda want to play the game myself, but I can’t afford a Japanese 3DS...
Too expensive to import q_q

Graxer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Do you still need Translators?
I kinda want to play the game myself, but I can’t afford a Japanese 3DS...
Too expensive to import q_q
You don't need a Japanese 3DS as long as you can use one of the available homebrew entry-points. OOT3DHax works with all existing 3DS firmware versions to my knowledge (I use it on New 3DS XL firmware 11.0) and will get you onto the Homebrew menu. There is an option on the list of homebrew to play imported games and that should work. When it comes to this fan translation it will likely use HANS which, if you download the 3DS starter pack and put it on your 3DS sd card, will be listed in the homebrew menu. Assuming you have 11.0 you won't be able to do more than that (like install custom firmware), but it is enough to play Dai Gyakuten Saiban on your 3DS from any region as far as I am aware!

NicoAiko

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Do I need the game to translate?
Is there no Project Folder or sth like that where the (japanese) original data is stored and just has to be edited?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo