• Likes 90

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Do you still need Translators?
I kinda want to play the game myself, but I can’t afford a Japanese 3DS...
Too expensive to import q_q

Yeha like Graxer said, there is now quite few ways to region free stuff with 3DS, you ARE on GBAtemp so this stuff should be readable around but right now 3DS situation is... Good and bad. Anyway:
Currently there is ways to downgrade 3DS to CFW compatible system version, even for 11.0 though this is harder and needs preferably a friend with hacked console to do it for you, but anything lower than 11.0 currently is easy to get down to 9.2 and beyond for some CFW setups. CFW are completely region free, have bit better Tools for "romhack" or community made patch projects such as these fan translations (LayeredFS)

Currently there is few ways to also get Homebrew booted on 3DS with 11.0 even. There is quite a few Entry points and I would have HOPED someone in GBAtemp actually maintains some sort of updated masterlist with compatibility info in a thread just for reference. There is SO much individual projects and releases for homebrew boot methods, Browser, Ocarina of Time 3D, Freaky Forms Deluxe, Cubic Ninja Of course, and so on. Oh hey look at that, even Browserhax was updated at one point to work on 11.0, huzzah:
https://yls8.mtheall.com/3dsbrowserhax.php

Anyway: CFW is better if you want to do, everything (even naughty rule breaker kind of stuff) - But homebrew access alone is good for few things. It can region free boot cartridge games, even emulate languages and even apply a fan patch to the game. Downside is that it needs a romFS and unlike the LayeredFS I mentioned earlier; this means having copy of the game's data - all of it, with the changes and all original stuff in it, on your SD card. For digital game this means having the game stored twice over in your SD. LayeredFS I mentioned is bit more advanced that you can just have the raw files that are changed and only the changed files only on your SD, and play the game with the changes (I for one have Bravely Default on cartridge, and the uncensor patch for me does not have to eat 3 gigs of my SD card space now) - Still, since you are most likely on 11.0 and without someone to CFW your console with, the homebrew stuff is amazing toolkit for someone who never knew about them I am sure. Custom themes alone are hella fun.

Oh yeah, custom themes, make your own, made you excited Did I not?

PipeGuy64Bit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I certainly can't wait for this patch to release. I just need to figure out how to put Homebrew on my 3DS in order to play it.

PipeGuy64Bit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Follow this guide

Edit: I've just realized that maybe you can't for some reason that I don't know
I think I'm good in the case of needing an SD card with the right format. But as for the part with the torrent files... well I guess I can do this method but I'm kind of reluctant with using Bittorents. I have a N3DSXL that I keep up to date and two O3DSs including one on firmware 7.1 while the other is on firmware 10.3 so if there's any easier method I'd rather do that since my only experience with hacking is with using Letterbomb on Wii.

Enryx25

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I think I'm good in the case of needing an SD card with the right format. But as for the part with the torrent files... well I guess I can do this method but I'm kind of reluctant with using Bittorents. I have a N3DSXL that I keep up to date and two O3DSs including one on firmware 7.1 while the other is on firmware 10.3 so if there's any easier method I'd rather do that since my only experience with hacking is with using Letterbomb on Wii.
That guide is the Holy Bible of 3ds hacking. It's the best.

Reactions: Lycan911

Suwazo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I'm trying to hack SoJ, and I figured I'd ask a question here seeing as the games likely have similar formats. There are arc files in the game but I can't seem to find anything to open 3DS versions of the format. Is DGS using the same format, and if so what is the team using to extract them?

StarStabbedMoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm trying to hack SoJ, and I figured I'd ask a question here seeing as the games likely have similar formats. There are arc files in the game but I can't seem to find anything to open 3DS versions of the format. Is DGS using the same format, and if so what is the team using to extract them?

Yes, we're using Turnabout Tools:
https://github.com/FrozenFish24/TurnaboutTools
What you want is arcUnpack.py

These work with Python 2 (not Python 3 in my experience, someone correct me if I'm wrong):
https://www.python.org/downloads/

So once you have those all downloaded and install Python, as mentioned in turnabout tools, you open command prompt, run Python, specify the python tool (arcUnpack.py), and specify the file to be unpacked.
in command prompt, as mentioned in the git you'll be typing something like this:
python.exe arcUnpack.py archive.arc

In my experience, I've been specifying the entire file directory for each of those three strings, but you may be able to slim that down by specifying directories beforehand. I'm pretty new to python though so I only learned enough to use these tools.

Last edited by StarStabbedMoon,

Suwazo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, we're using Turnabout Tools:
https://github.com/FrozenFish24/TurnaboutTools
What you want is arcUnpack.py

These work with Python 2 (not Python 3 in my experience, someone correct me if I'm wrong):
https://www.python.org/downloads/

So once you have those all downloaded and install Python, as mentioned in turnabout tools, you open command prompt, run Python, specify the python tool (arcUnpack.py), and specify the file to be unpacked.
in command prompt, as mentioned in the git you'll be typing something like this:

In my experience, I've been specifying the entire file directory for each of those three strings, but you may be able to slim that down by specifying directories beforehand. I'm pretty new to python though so I only learned enough to use these tools.

Thanks, that's done more or less exactly what I was after.

hyprskllz

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
2 questions pop up now

will the 2nd one get localised
will the first one also get localised?
Well, the first game has been released for more than a year already, and Capcom still haven't announce the localizing plan yet.
And with the second game coming out, i doubt they will ever localize the spin offs.
That, and usually Capcom localized the Ace Attorney to western audience in less than a full year (starting with AA4), so i think the chances are slim at best.

Last edited by hyprskllz,
Reactions: Abu_Senpai
D

Deleted User

To be fair, it took them AGES to announce a localisation for Phoenix Wright vs Professor Layton too, so not all hope is lost.

But I'm really looking forward to this fanlation! I'd play both this and the official localisation if it happens.

hyprskllz

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I even forgot about that game.
Regardless, the cultural differences is another big wall for them to localize this game. AAvsPL doesn't suffer from this, since they use the main characters from both series.
Sorry if i'm being pessimist here, but it is my opinion. Ace Attorney is one of my favorite series since DS era, and i'd like to see Capcom's approach on this one.

Objectjon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm seriously looking forward to this translation! Not to rush anyone about this but how is the project going so far? I want to join the team since English is my first language and because I would really like to help out with this but I'm not really sure what I would do if I was on the team considering I have no real experience with programming. I need help. ;-(

Feroz El Mejor

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Spain
CAPCOM said that would be good news for Ace Attorney fans on the west late 2016 months ago. Cross fingers and wait and keep pressing they about DGS (and AAI2), I know that we are going to get these games with fantranslations/localizations but I want an official one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-