Problems with Wads and Trucha Bug restorer

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Charybdizs, Sep 5, 2010.

Sep 5, 2010
  1. Charybdizs
    OP

Newcomer Charybdizs Member

United States
    Ok, so I've been into hacking stuff for a while, especially my DS, and SSBB, and I never had any serious problems, but now I've got some with my Wii.

So the story is, my brother hacked my Wii using Twilight Hack a WHILE ago, and over time, we'd update it, and now it's version 4.2. Unfortunately, the Wad Installer doesn't work now. [​IMG] When I try to use it, it asks me what IOS I want to use, and if I pick IOS249 or ISO250 it freezes, but if I use ISO251, it lets me pick the SD card slot, and then, when I click install, it says that there is a ticket error and says [ret= -2011] and doesn't install it. I looked around for how to fix it, and eventually found this: http://www.wiihacks.com/general-homebrew-h...os36-guide.html

So, I downloaded the file, and followed option one, and used the trucha bug restorer, but it didn't fix it. Then, to make things worse, I went into the homebrew menu and clicked on "Trucha Bug Restorer" and deleted it there, but it still pops up when my Wii boots and when I try to use IOS251 in the Wad Installer. Did I not delete it completely? A little help on how to get rid of it and how to get Wad Installer working again would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. mike333

Member mike333 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Poland
    No syscheck v2.0.1 report posted there using spoiler tag.
    Can't help.

3. Lexip;

Member Lexip; GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Sounds like your cios's got stubbed during update.

4. Raiser

Member Raiser I am mad scientist.

Canada
    A quote of one of my previous posts:

5. thesund0g

Member thesund0g GBAtemp Fan

Antarctica
    You could ask for it instead of being a dick about it. Try this:

Hey, could you run Syscheck and copy/paste the results here?

6. Charybdizs
    OP

Newcomer Charybdizs Member

United States
    ...It's kind of hard to copy off of a wii to a computer, but sure, I guess I could in a little while...

And actually, I tried installing the wad in wad manager using IOS36, after all I had hear about it, and it worked! When I do what you said, Raiser, will it make it work with the other ones it used to use?

Now I just need someone to help me get rid of the Trucha Bug restorer that won't go away.

Thanks so much everyone!

7. mike333

Poland
    That's test for newcomers. I can help them, but I don't care what they think about me. It is just never ending stream of newcomers.
    If NC do what I want then there is slight chance for success.
    But some kids are extremely lazy these days and even asked simple thing they start to talk much about nothing.

8. mike333

Poland
    Syscheck report is on SD card ready to be copied.