herbgb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
T5ts1kM.jpg

I recently bought an R4i to use with a Nintendo 3DS. The card looks exactly like the image above. Well the problem is, the card is not detected at all in my 3DS. If I put the card into my DSi, the card shows up as "Touch! Bomberman Land" and it works perfectly. But in my 3DS, the game doesn't come up at all. It says "There is nothing inserted in the Game Card slot."

I am currently on Ver. 5.1.0-11U of the 3DS firmware. And I have installed v1.69b of the R4i firmware that I downloaded from r4i-sdhc.com. Anyone out there know what the problem could be?

Lazerlightuk

Trophies
XP
Country
I would say with my little experiance you need to update the carts firmware. You have installed just an updated kernal v1.69b. Look for the carts patch version 6 is the latest. Hope this helps in someway.

herbgb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for your help. So my only option will be to get a new card?

Funnily enough the team at r4i-sdhc.com released a new version of the firmware (1.70b) since I posted that. But when I try to upgrade the firmware using my DSi, the button to start the upgrade is missing.

Rezatron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

His card isn't blocked I know you like to reply to every thread on this site but read the the post properly.

OP your card has contact issues. It's a great mystery why flash cards are detected in some DSs and not others (again, nothing to do with system updates, contact issues). I suggest getting a DStwo, it's expensive but worth it and you know the support will be there long down the line.

herbgb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So can anyone recommend a card for my 3DS? I would hate to buy a new one and have it suffer from the same contact issues. DSTWO sounds nice but it is a bit expensive. But I guess you get what you pay for?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @K3Nv2, try SanDisk format tool?