Problems with R4i?

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by herbgb, Jun 29, 2013.

1. herbgb
    OP

herbgb Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 29, 2013
    Canada
    [​IMG]
    I recently bought an R4i to use with a Nintendo 3DS. The card looks exactly like the image above. Well the problem is, the card is not detected at all in my 3DS. If I put the card into my DSi, the card shows up as "Touch! Bomberman Land" and it works perfectly. But in my 3DS, the game doesn't come up at all. It says "There is nothing inserted in the Game Card slot."

I am currently on Ver. 5.1.0-11U of the 3DS firmware. And I have installed v1.69b of the R4i firmware that I downloaded from r4i-sdhc.com. Anyone out there know what the problem could be?

2. Lazerlightuk

Lazerlightuk Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 28, 2013
    I would say with my little experiance you need to update the carts firmware. You have installed just an updated kernal v1.69b. Look for the carts patch version 6 is the latest. Hope this helps in someway.

3. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
  4. herbgb
    OP

herbgb Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 29, 2013
    Canada
    Thanks for your help. So my only option will be to get a new card?

Funnily enough the team at r4i-sdhc.com released a new version of the firmware (1.70b) since I posted that. But when I try to upgrade the firmware using my DSi, the button to start the upgrade is missing.

5. Rezatron

Rezatron Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 12, 2012
    Canada
    His card isn't blocked I know you like to reply to every thread on this site but read the the post properly.

OP your card has contact issues. It's a great mystery why flash cards are detected in some DSs and not others (again, nothing to do with system updates, contact issues). I suggest getting a DStwo, it's expensive but worth it and you know the support will be there long down the line.

6. Rydian

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    You're right, my bad. Saw the whole "I installed the firmware" and assumed it was the usual issue people running into of just putting the files on the MicroSD and thinking they're done.

7. herbgb
    OP

herbgb Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 29, 2013
    Canada
    So can anyone recommend a card for my 3DS? I would hate to buy a new one and have it suffer from the same contact issues. DSTWO sounds nice but it is a bit expensive. But I guess you get what you pay for?

8. Rydian

Feb 4, 2010
    United States