problems with my game server

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by angelzbl0od, Sep 29, 2011.

Sep 29, 2011
  1. angelzbl0od
    OP

Newcomer angelzbl0od Member

United States
    Hi guys so I have been having a problem recently trying to connect to the server on my local network for a soccer game I play. Let me explain a bit more. The game is WE9LE its a older soccer game from 06. A couple guys were able to program some software to allow us to run a server because the origionals are no longer active. Now I have set up the server on a winows 7 pc that I had lying around and it works like a charm. All my Buddies are able to connect and play online without any issues.

Sorry I do not know that many details as I just run the server i do not know how it works totally. I do know that I had to use mysql to create a database to store usernames and stuff. other than that i just run a bat file and a cmd window pops up and as long as i keep it open the server is online.

Now I have tried to connect to the server via the game in many ways. I have tried my local ip of the server, I have tried my external ip that everyone else that connects uses, and I have tried connecting to the server via hamachi.

When I connect via internal or hamachi ip there is a server pop up window that shows up its a welcome screen for my server so that lets me know that it at least sees it. But when i enter my login and password the game stalls and then a few seconds later unfreezes and says server temporarily unavailable.

When I connect via external ip I do not get the server welcome screen but when i try to login result is the same

I have tried this game on 4 pc's in my home on the same network as server with all the same result all ways.

When someone else runs a server I have no problem connecting and playing online but seeing as how I run the 24/7 server that does not help me much.

any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

2. angelzbl0od
    OP

United States
    anyone? any ideas?

3. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Check your router to see if it's blocking internal traffic.

4. angelzbl0od
    OP

United States
    hmm what section of router settings would this be under? I know I am able to share files and use remote desktop connection on my local network. it is deff some sort of communication issue but im not sure where becuase i can keep my server running and yet join another persons server and play on that. but when i try to play on my own i get an error

5. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    I would have no idea where it is, many routers have totally different interfaces.