Homebrew Problems with HGSS and no$gba

Deathaura

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I realize that a lot of people are having problems with this, but actually not the same problem I am consistently having.

The rom itself is freezing when I defeat wild pokemon, so I am unable to progress at all.

Anyone know why? Forgive me for this post by the way, since I'm sure the veterans of this board are probably fed up with the stream of us noobs coming in about HGSS.

If anyone were able to point me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it, thank you!

Primenay13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will answer your question as long as you don't leave after one post like most people do.
First of all what are your computer specs? Like ram and op and stuff? vista?

Deathaura

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Primenay13 said:
I will answer your question as long as you don't leave after one post like most people do.
First of all what are your computer specs? Like ram and op and stuff? vista?

I have 3 gigs of ram and I am using Vista, yes.

Jotokun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, you made more progress than I could with no$gba, I gave up on it. I'm using desmume, and it works perfectly. If you cant get no$gba to work, try using that - just set the save type and it works perfectly.

Deathaura

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried desmume earlier today, but the framerate(for me) is really really bad, to the point where it's unbearable to play. Even though I have a computer which is capable of running stuff like this usually with relative ease. Perhaps a bit of configuration can solve this problem..

Deathaura

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, but regretfully those codes won't help me with my No$Gba problem :/

I tried playing on desmume and when I got to the first trainer(not the rival), the screen freezes up(yet the pokeball that indicates how many pokemon he has on his team keeps spinning, restarting won't help).

I'm this close to buying a flashcart.

Anyone have any other ideas? :/

cynthialicious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it because the sound is off in your emulator (NO$GBA)? I remember this problem occurring when D/P first came out. Under the sound settings make sure it isn't on "Mute," for some reason this will make the game crash when a Pokemon faints.

Deathaura

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cynthialicious said:
Is it because the sound is off in your emulator (NO$GBA)? I remember this problem occurring when D/P first came out. Under the sound settings make sure it isn't on "Mute," for some reason this will make the game crash when a Pokemon faints.

This actually solved my problem, I never thought it could be something like that. Thanks a bunch!
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gHl4P7AXt0