Running DSx86 on No$GBA

WadsNStuff

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I am looking for a way to run DS Homebrew (specifcally DSx86) on No$GBA. DSx86 requires access to files outside of the nds rom itself, as it is meant to be run on a flashcart. I am trying to run DSx86 on No$GBA and dont know how to or where to put these outside files so they will run. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Forgive my curiosity. Why? What is the point of using an emulator within an emulator? Moreover, DSx86 is very slow and with very low compatibility, as well as very inconvenient. You can easily find dosbox for PC and Android devices with more appreciable results.

Reactions: Crass

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Desmume does support such things.

If you must though then for DLDI homebrew (what most things that access the SD card will use) there is something known as FCSR that allows you to append a drive image to the homebrew and use that as a read only version.

DLDIRC was a program that could handle the building of such things. Not sure if we have something more modern though
http://www.chishm.com/DLDI/dldirc.html

WadsNStuff

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forgive my curiosity. Why? What is the point of using an emulator within an emulator? Moreover, DSx86 is very slow and with very low compatibility, as well as very inconvenient. You can easily find dosbox for PC and Android devices with more appreciable results.
Because I would like to test out DSx86 before I run it on real hardware.
Post automatically merged:

NO$GBA doesn't support that. You'll need a different emulator, such as melonDS.
Really? Because here it is running fine in No$GBA!
Win30S.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Deeze nuts