Tyler.Arg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi.
I'm having this black screen problem when trying to play Goldeneye 007 with USB Loader GX.
I just start the game from the USB Loader GX and get black screen...
In the Wiiflow It works just fine, but in the USB Loader there's no way that I can play it.
Tried with IOS 222,224,249,250 and nothing...
My Wii is with the CiOS v21-d2x3, 4.3 NTSC-U (the game is also NTSC-U)...

Anyone can help??

Many thanks.

Kittymat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
JoostinOnline said:
Lol, you answered your question in the post. Stop using GX. It's fail. Use Configurable USB Loader for top compatibility. WiiFlow is next in line, but it has lots of eye candy.

Really! The only game that CFG can play fully and GX cannot is Rugby League. So where does that statement hold up. Stop trying to guess, if you really have no idea then refrain from posting.

I have 249d2x3 with GX and it works fine, what base are you using to play it on (222 base 38 also works for me).

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Kittymat said:
JoostinOnline said:
Lol, you answered your question in the post. Stop using GX. It's fail. Use Configurable USB Loader for top compatibility. WiiFlow is next in line, but it has lots of eye candy.

Really! The only game that CFG can play fully and GX cannot is Rugby League. So where does that statement hold up. Stop trying to guess, if you really have no idea then refrain from posting.

I have 249d2x3 with GX and it works fine, what base are you using to play it on (222 base 38 also works for me).
Lol, I may be rather new to gbatemp, but I've had a lot more experience hacking/troubleshooting Wii's than you. I've seen at least a hundred threads about GX not working, and 90% of the time it was fixed by switching to WiiFlow or Cfg. GX has numerous problems. Most were fixed when after the official updates, but it still doesn't have the compatibility of Cfg. This thread is an example of that. The game works fine with WiiFlow, but doesn't in GX. Switching the cIOS's to something GX can handle may work, but the very fact that it is needed just shows you how fragile GX is.

WalkerOfTheDay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Kittymat said:
JoostinOnline said:

Okay, try Splinter Cell then, let's see how wel it runs.
smile.gif

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
WalkerOfTheDay said:
Kittymat said:
JoostinOnline said:

smile.gif

Perfect with the latest D2X Cios, just as CFG loader. Same compatibilty ATM.

Tyler.Arg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hielkenator said:
Working here.....Try the latest beta.

http://www.mediafire.com/?6h6ip83578f2bnc

I'm using this release...

Kittymat said:
QUOTE(JoostinOnline @ Jun 10 2011, 04:29 AM) Lol, you answered your question in the post. Stop using GX. It's fail. Use Configurable USB Loader for top compatibility. WiiFlow is next in line, but it has lots of eye candy.

I tried with 249 base 58, 250 base 57, 222 base 38, 224 base 57 and none of them worked...

WalkerOfTheDay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hielkenator said:
WalkerOfTheDay said:
Kittymat said:
JoostinOnline said:

smile.gif

Perfect with the latest D2X Cios, just as CFG loader. Same compatibilty ATM.

My bad, didn't know that. Stopped using GX a looooooongggggggg time ago.
I didn't think they were up to par yet.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Kittymat said:
JoostinOnline said:
So where does that statement hold up. Stop trying to guess, if you really have no idea then refrain from posting.
You're saying THAT to Joostin?!?!?! :crazy: He has more experience and knowledge about everyday wii problems than %97 of the other wii users out there. Saying what you said is bad karma, man.

But really, GX sux. Almost no one uses it anymore because of it's bugs and the fact that it has semi-bricked LOTS of wii's.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
GX and CFG both have things the other doesn't have. You can make work arounds for most things either way, but neither have all the options of the other out-of-the-box.

*EDIT*
To say either is crap is funny, unless of course you've made a better loader yourself ?

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Slimmmmmm said:
To say either is crap is funny, unless of course you've made a better loader yourself ?
That's a lame arguement. I can pass judgement about how much something sux without making one myself.

I can certainly say Ramen Noodles suck compared to Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup, and I've never had to make my own before to pass that kind of judgement.
I can say that food at a gourmet restaurant is a lot better than a TV dinner. I can say a BMW is better than a Kia....... I could go on forever, but the point is that I did not make any of those myself.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
If YOU don't like something then YOU don't like it, it doesn't mean it's crap or it sux. It's just not for you.

Also, stoopid people bricks Wiis whether they use one app or another.

@ the OP

From reading your post you don't mention GX version, Wiiflow version and you say "Tried with IOS 222,224,249,250 and nothing..."

It's obvious you don't know what cIOS you really have. That's not a problem though. You need to get modmii from these forums and make sure you have the best cIOS for each slot and for what type of games you'll be playing. Make backups too, so you can revert changes.

Once you get your cIOS sorted then you can have GX, CFG and WiiFlow as they don't take much room. However, depending on the loader will mean some things run or don't. Just stick with the interface or functions you like...maybe cfg, maybe GX, maybe WiiFlow.

Once you've decide what one feels right you can set individual settings for a lot of games, this will get most games working. For games that only work from 1 loader you can even cheat if you must have it listed in another loaders interface by making an ISO that loads the game with the other loader. Chain loading. (Handy if sneek doesn't work for you and you want uloader nand emu, but cfg's sortability)

I could explain the pros and cons, but the point is any loader will load anything the others will, one way or another. So pick the loader you like the look of, or the funtions of.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Tyler.Arg said:
Hielkenator said:
Working here.....Try the latest beta.

http://www.mediafire.com/?6h6ip83578f2bnc

I'm using this release...

Kittymat said:
QUOTE(JoostinOnline @ Jun 10 2011, 04:29 AM) Lol, you answered your question in the post. Stop using GX. It's fail. Use Configurable USB Loader for top compatibility. WiiFlow is next in line, but it has lots of eye candy.

I tried with 249 base 58, 250 base 57, 222 base 38, 224 base 57 and none of them worked...

Thatá probably your problem. Try base 56. It's the recommended ios in general BTW.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
JoostinOnline said:
Why do you keep ignoring that it works fine with WiiFlow?

If this is deirected to me, I use 3 major loaders.
* CFG
* WiiFlow/ JoyFlow
* USBL GX.
His basic setup is NOT recommended. He'd better make his main Cios' with base 56 and 57,
for highest compatibilty With all loaders, and games.

For taste, I think GX Looks absolutely the best followed by CFG.
CFG is and will be my preferred Loader, for it gets updated very frequently when problems occur.
Most of the time other loaders dev. follow.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Hielkenator said:
JoostinOnline said:

* CFG
* WiiFlow/ JoyFlow
* USBL GX.
His basic setup is NOT recommended. He'd better make his main Cios' with base 56 and 57,
I agree with that, I'm just saying it's clearly an issue with GX, not the cIOS's.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
JoostinOnline said:
Hielkenator said:
JoostinOnline said:

* CFG
* WiiFlow/ JoyFlow
* USBL GX.
I agree with that, I'm just saying it's clearly an issue with GX, not the cIOS's.

Not so long ago, Wiiflow had major problems with CiosD2X.
A later build of the cios fixed that too.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
JoostinOnline said:
Hielkenator said:
Not so long ago, Wiiflow had major problems with CiosD2X.
A later build of the cios fixed that too.
What's your point?
ot to make a point really but,
did you blame Wiiflow then too?

But then again..... http://gbatemp.net/t296228-usbloader-gx-pr...t&p=3697587

Do not burn down other loaders because a game does'nt work.
Usually it gets fixed in time. All devs should get the same kind of respect, I think at least.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1