Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem being that I suck ass. Ok finally got round to putting DK on my M3 CF and I used the Arm7 Fix thing, followed the instructions but it won't work! Then I tried DSlazy and did all that, I got the title screen and then black screens.

Did the same with Juiced 2 as that game crashes a just before you start a race.

I must be doing something wrong right? Usually I get my roms pre-patched so I've only started using the arm7 fix today.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if this helps you, but Sim City (J) is the ROM most suggest as the donor in an ARM7 fix. I am hearing at another site (which I can't mention here) that Juiced 2 isn't working on most people's flashcarts. In fact, at the point when I read the post, only the R4 was reported as working with the Juiced 2.

I just put Juiced 2 on my R4....runs great. I didn't need to ARM patch it at all, just trimmed it with NDSTokyoTrim 0.50. Trimmed to about 25megs. Looks like it's running at 60fps. Graphics look pretty detailed for a DS game. So far the sense of speed isn't all that, but I just started playing it and the early cars ARE slow, like less than 100mph slow. Hopefully the sense of speed will get better as I progress through the game and get faster cars. Control seems pretty tight so far and I'm kinda diggin' the music on it too. Kind of a techno-rock sort of music.
The biggest complaint so far is that it seems to have to do the "loading" and "saving to card" thing all the time. It's not too extreme, but sometimes it sits there for about 2-5 seconds saying "loading" or "saving to card" even when you cancel a race in the middle. And it does it for nearly every transition between race and menus. I consider that a minor inconvenience though as I generally like racing games....especially ones of the non-cutesy variety.

Anyway, hope you get 'em going. Both games are worth a look. I was rather surprised with DK Jungle Climber.

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was using the Sim City J rom
frown.gif

Its not a massive problem as I can play the Japan version, just wanted to know what that big banana dude was going on about.

Your right about Juiced 2 so far people have said it won't work on M3 or Supercard.

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

wabo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DK Jungle climber works just fine on my M3 CF and i didnt use the arm7 fix. It saves fine too.

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then wtf? Don't quite get it really, would it have anything to do with a particular CF card? Got a 4 gig Dane-Elect and had no probs so far.

I did follow the compatibility thing and did 4x, trim rom, soft reset, Force R/w but I get black screens after the title screen. Tried several roms too.

Xuio

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
DK: JC is working on my m3 lite perfect (not using any arm7 fix), but i have problem with Juiced 2 - with or without arm7 fix game is crashing after i choose my car
cry.gif

Will there be any m3 firmware updates?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Not a lot, just relaxing