Hacking Problems updating AceKard 2i

SerenadeDS66

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Admittedly, I just received this in the mail today, but already, it's giving me problems.
Firmware updates are not running on this period, and now, it refuses to even load -any- roms with the AKAIO loader.
I reset it back to the original menu, and even then, the firmware update sits at 0%. It simply does not update.
TRust me, I know - I spent about 10 minutes hunting around my room for my DSL plug (My DSi is already v1.4, so I can't run the update from there) and the progress did not move from 0% at all.

Help?

Sonia

Resident Bikini Gal
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tk_saturn said:
You're using the wrong update. Use the DSi file (even if you run it on DS lite as it's less prone to user error) in this archive http://www.mediafire.com/?n4nm0i5dmtm

So, do you have to use the DSi file even for DSLite updates?
I'm just asking because the tutorial said it was optional.

Also, is this file okay to install on my AK2i? I don't want to damage it in any way, as I got it just today and if anything happens, I don't believe I could get a new card, as I don't own a credit card, and my mom got this for me before she passed away.

Edit: Nevermind. I tried it out and it works great.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sonia said:
So, do you have to use the DSi file even for DSLite updates?
I'm just asking because the tutorial said it was optional.

Also, is this file okay to install on my AK2i? I don't want to damage it in any way, as I got it just today and if anything happens, I don't believe I could get a new card, as I don't own a credit card, and my mom got this for me before she passed away.

Both work and i've confirmed this by running both on my DS Lite. The tutorial is wrong and out of date. The AK 1.4 firmware update has been updated to fix the 0% progress issue, but the tutorial still links you to the old files.

The updated FW update posted by Normmatt: http://www.mediafire.com/?n4nm0i5dmtm

contains 2 files:
  • ak2ifw_update_14_DSi_new.nds
  • ak2ifw_update_14_DSl_new.nds
For updating a single cart ak2ifw_update_14_DSi_new.nds should be used. This one is simpler and is less prone to user error. It updates the cart it is running on and doesn't require the cart to be ejected and reinserted.

ak2ifw_update_14_DSl_new.nds will ask you to eject the cart and then reinsert it. When complete it asks you if you wish to flash another cart, this can be used very quickly to update multiple carts without having to switch memory cards or reboot the DS. Because it can update a cart other than the one it was loaded on, it can also be used to unbrick a cart which was previously bricked by either update. The problem comes that some accidently run it again the update is complete, then panic and switch of while updating. This leaves them with a bricked cart which will require another cart to run ak2ifw_update_14_DSl_new.nds on so they can unbrick their bricked cart.

When you run ak2ifw_update_14_DSi_new.nds it takes you straight to the firmware update screen

IMG_3122.JPG

when you press start and the update is complete it gives you the following message:

IMG_3121.JPG

The update is complete, you can now switch the DS off.

When you run ak2ifw_update_14_DSl_new.nds you get the following prompt:

IMG_3124.JPG

Eject the card, insert it again and press B and you get:

IMG_3125.JPG

Press start, once the update is complete you get the following message:

IMG_3126.JPG

It's there people some have accidents. I took both sets of pictures buy running both FW updates on the same DS Lite and AK2i. I'd previously updated the cart too, provided you use the DSi update there's very little risk to the cart.

SerenadeDS66

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's the thing though - I have tried both files, adn they hovered at 0%.
However, when I get home, I'll try out that one that was linked.
If it doesn't update with that, what would be the next step?

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SerenadeDS66 said:
Here's the thing though - I have tried both files, adn they hovered at 0%.
However, when I get home, I'll try out that one that was linked.
If it doesn't update with that, what would be the next step?

I've already answered your problem you need to use the DSi file in the archive I linked to, not the one from the tutorial.

I had the 0% progress issue on my cart, others have had the 0% progress issue too. It effects many of the recen AK2i's. The update I linked to has fixed the problem. The new firmware update has (14-29) at the top of the screen as in the photos.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte