Country
That's easily fixed, you just nee- BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
vuvuzela.jpg

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
*snip* Anyway "disc cannot be read" - the description is pretty self explanatory - it cant be read due to a disc error i.e. not a software error.
The 002 error in your "old player" (whatever the hell that means) probably means cIOS incompatibilty coupled with lack of 002 fix. Even if you fixed that in your "old player" you would still get the read error assuming the disc drive is OK. BTW what type of discs are you using plus what brand. Cheaper brands can be hit or miss.

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
elimist said:
maybe your drive is dying. have you tried loading the game from usb or sd yet?
+1
This would then point to either the drive or the discs (and/or the burning of them) being the issue if they played fine via USB or SD.

kimikal27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
buy yourself some Verbatim dvd-r, bad quality dvd's do not help your cause...

but again, ppl have told you to try loading the game trough USB to check if it's a disc/burn problem
if u dont wanna take the advice just solve the problem yourself,
ppl are trying to help you so dont discard there help...

WeeBabyDoll

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't have a USB loader....will need to see how much they cost and hopfully get one in the future.
Hopfully I can solve the problem without having to spend more money.
How do I get the Cios onto the wii? I know I need to put the numerical folder in the WAD folder of my SD....but is that it?

kimikal27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
u dont pay for an usb loader, u pay for a usb pen or an hard drive but not a usb loader,
u dont have a 4GB usb pen?
if u have u can load the game by usb

about the cios, didnt u read the sticky?about how to modify any wii?
cause u should have and the info is there...

edit:
about the games, no one else can help u since we already told you what the problem seems to be and how to solve it
about that cios question, well, thats just way off-topic and the answer is right in front of you in the sticky

so nothing else to say really, thread can be closed...

elimist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

WeeBabyDoll

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Right, so it's a usb pen I need to get? I'm sure I'll be able to find somewhere that sells one.
And on the tutorial, is it the part about restoring the truchabug I need to redo? I can do that if so.
And no, the thread cant be closed. Stop making me feel like crap because I'm not quite getting it. There's no point in that when people are trying to learn. Mind you, it doesnt matter to you if I dont get my games working or not. So go on, get the powers that be to close it, just means I'll have to make another post when I more than likely brick my wii.
@ elimist - Would the SD memory not have to be like...over 4gb to fit the game on it? And an individual sd for every game? I dont have any USB equipment at all so will definatly need to invest in one in the future.
I would like to thank everyone who has helped me so far and apologise immensly for not being as clued up. I thought the tutorial was just on how to modify your wii (and I used it to modify my own) and didn't think to look there for help. And if people are getting a bit short with me and cant be bothered explaining then 2 answer will sufice - will I just re-mod my wii, without doing the update section? And is it safe to do as I don't have a NAND?

leondmsmith

Trophies
XP
Country
WeeBabyDoll said:
I am using Tesco DVD -R cd's. Playing via SD? I thought that's what I was doing already....

Tesco DVD-R work fine in UK Wiis - i have used them hundreds of times, if your a disc based user you may want to consider installing Darkcorp almost every game works with it.

More than anything its probably a bad dump / bad burn / lens dying as last option.

WeeBabyDoll

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi I have red-one that section in the tutorial - it now says at the bottem...

NeoGamma R9 beta10, cios57rev19 slot 249....

I try installing Darkcorp and see how it goes, will let you know if I am successful
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was playing need for speed remastered and said to myself this is a nice Forza remaster
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_games_developed_by_Rare Not all of them are awesome but man the hits on that list.
    Oh snap Super Offroad was by them too? lol damn
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Today I learned that the creators of the Donkey Kong games also made Sea of Thieves
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    why do i feel the sudden urge to start singing pirate's scorn from the donkey kong country cartoon?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you being for real, cause that's hard to believe, DK is Nintendo and made in japan, Sea of thieves was from Microsoft, in America. I'm not calling you a liar, just didn't know.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok yes they were both made by Rare, but DK was from Rare back then, Rare now is owned by MS. So makes since.
    +1
    They even developed a LJN game.... lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It was pretty rare
    I wonder what deal with Satan LJN worked to get Rare to make that one...
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember couple years ago, they announced they were working on a Perfect Dark remake, wonder what ever happen with that?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It went into the darkness
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me and buddies used to play the hell out of Perfect Dark on N64, that and Goldeneye, was the first real PvP shooter games I remember
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    4-way split screen on a tiny 19" TV, lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you share joysticks also
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh we had the 4 controller add on thingy for n64. Duh I just got your joke, lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    So you touched ends
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, but being in the boy scouts, they forced us to
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chopped down some wood for the scout master
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Big Gay Al was our Scout leader.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I was actually in the scouts for 1 week, til they assigned me homework, n I was like f this, and quit, I was like 10 yrs old. And no I didn't join the girl Scouts.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Was the homework about getting to know the scout leaders
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to memorize how to tell 15 different trees species, I think, been awhile. But yea it was about knowing Wood.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Could've just wrote down firewood
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Could've just wrote down firewood