Epoxyc Sep 16, 2019.

1. Epoxyc
    OP

Epoxyc Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 9, 2019
    France
    Hi!
    I've been running Atmosphère on emummc on 8.1 without any problem.
    Since I don't have anything installed on my emummc, it is a waste of 32GB, I wanted to get the space back by reducing the USER partition.
    I decided to rebuild a smaller emummc:
    - Found an old 8.0.1 backup (a dd of the emummc partition is not recognized as a valid image, too lazy to make a new backup from Hekate).
    - Made a new rawnand.bin (cat BOOT0 BOOT1 rawnand.bin.* > emunand.bin) from it.
    - Used this script: https://gist.github.com/ckurtz22/5748f3f761e0a546675f2720a1e5e486 to reduce the size.
    - I set USER to 1.0GB (python resize-user.py emunand.bin 1.0 prod.keys).
    - Deleted my emummc partition and created a new one slightly bigger than the resized emunand.bin.
    - Used dd to write it to the new partition and changed the first sector in emummc.ini.
    - It boots normally.

After booting, I am on 8.0.1 as expected, but I notice some slowdowns, the switch freezes quite often for few seconds and I cannot launch any of my games.
    I update to 8.1 with Choixdujour to be sure it's not due to the firmware. Same problem, error 2002-1002 when I try to launch a game, even after a reinstall.
    I am currently writing back my old emummc image on the SD.

Any idea on what could be the problem?
    Does Atmosphere work well with a non-default size USER partition? Is 1.0GB too small?
    Have I missed something in the partitioning setup (partition alignment, etc..)?

Thank you in advance.

Edit: Everything works as before after I restored the image, any idea about how to reduce the size?

Last edited by Epoxyc, Sep 16, 2019
  2. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

GBAtemp Patron
    pLaYeR^^ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria
    You can't reduce the size yet. Maybe in the future.

3. Epoxyc
    OP

Epoxyc Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 9, 2019
    France
    I have seen a few posts on the internet about that, so I thought it was possible and despite the slowdowns and the errors when launching games the system seemed to work fine.
    May I ask at which level is the limitation?

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted