My Massive emuMMC help?

dr3n

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hello.. hoping somebody might be able to help or offer some advice if possible please?

my sxos Mariko Switch was recently fixed by a repair shop (as i'd had problems upgrading the FW).. They did a fab job and got it all back up and working again with Atmosphere/Hekate - but i am now left with a massive emuMMC on my SD card that's nearly 250gb in size.. :/

I suspect that it still has all of my old games (pre hekate) and system data in there? which is now chewing up all of the space on my SD card meaning i can only install a couple of games on a 512gb card.. :/

I really want to get some space back on my SD card - so my question is - which of the following (if any!) would be the best way forward?

1) Resize emummc to something smaller?
2) Buy another SD card and start afresh?
3) Delete old game from emummc to free up space?

Any help or advice that you guys can offer would be really appreciated..

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No need to buy another SD card. Just start from scratch with your 512gb card. Backup your saves if you want to, (you can backup your games too, if you don't want to download them again) then remove all partitions and format the card to fat32. Then just recreate a hidden partition emunand of regular size (more or less 30gb, I believe), and re-install your games. This rentry page should help you.

Reactions: dr3n and linuxares

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
No need to buy another SD card. Just start from scratch with your 512gb card. Backup your saves if you want to, (you can backup your games too, if you don't want to download them again) then remove all partitions and format the card to fat32. Then just recreate a hidden partition emunand of regular size (more or less 30gb, I believe), and re-install your games. This rentry page should help you.
Backup saves is always good to do! Jksv even support google drive uploads

Reactions: dr3n and Dust2dust

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto