Problem with Zelda OoT WAD

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by belzilep, Aug 5, 2008.

1. belzilep
    OP

belzilep Member

Newcomer
    Dec 27, 2006
    Canada
    Montreal, Quebec
    Okay, here is my problem:

I try to install the NTSC-U WAd of Zelda OoT onto my Wii with WAD Manager 1.1. When the app is about to copy content #9 (largest file, about 35MB), it tells me "Could not read file data ( ret = 0 )". I have no idea what it does mean. I tried downloading the WAD at another location, and compared both WADs. They were the same, but I decided to try and install the new one anyway.

As you can guess, it didn't work and WAD Manager gave me the same error. I have installed countless WADs before (VC and WiiWare) and this is the only one causing trouble. Do you know of any way I could solve this problem?

I thought about using the "Wii System Format" option, but I don't know what it does delete exactly, so I haven't done it yet.

2. samsam12

samsam12 Test

Banned
    May 13, 2008
    United States
    A House
    install using the wad installer.

3. belzilep
    OP

belzilep Member

Newcomer
    Dec 27, 2006
    Canada
    Montreal, Quebec
    Good idea, it never hurts to try.

Does that mean that WAD Manager, which, as far as I know, is based on WAD Installer, has problems that WAD Installer has not? That'd be weird [​IMG] .

EDIT: It worked. thanks! Except that info should be easier to find IMO. I wonder what's the difference between the two installers?

4. linkinworm

linkinworm GBAtemp Maniac

May 30, 2008
    Birmingham (England)
    ill ask wanin to update his manager when he gets back from holiday