belzilep

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, here is my problem:

I try to install the NTSC-U WAd of Zelda OoT onto my Wii with WAD Manager 1.1. When the app is about to copy content #9 (largest file, about 35MB), it tells me "Could not read file data ( ret = 0 )". I have no idea what it does mean. I tried downloading the WAD at another location, and compared both WADs. They were the same, but I decided to try and install the new one anyway.

As you can guess, it didn't work and WAD Manager gave me the same error. I have installed countless WADs before (VC and WiiWare) and this is the only one causing trouble. Do you know of any way I could solve this problem?

I thought about using the "Wii System Format" option, but I don't know what it does delete exactly, so I haven't done it yet.

belzilep

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Good idea, it never hurts to try.

Does that mean that WAD Manager, which, as far as I know, is based on WAD Installer, has problems that WAD Installer has not? That'd be weird
blink.gif

EDIT: It worked. thanks! Except that info should be easier to find IMO. I wonder what's the difference between the two installers?

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
belzilep said:
Good idea, it never hurts to try.

Does that mean that WAD Manager, which, as far as I know, is based on WAD Installer, has problems that WAD Installer has not? That'd be weird
blink.gif

EDIT: It worked. thanks! Except that info should be easier to find IMO. I wonder what's the difference between the two installers?
ill ask wanin to update his manager when he gets back from holiday

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUWpmU-X8k