Problem with TEXT in Pokemon XY/ORAS

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Cindakil, Feb 9, 2015.

1. Cindakil
    OP

Cindakil Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 14, 2014
    Serbia, Republic of
    Hello!

I was working in a hackrom of Pokemon X and Pokemon Omega Ruby but I can't continue for the problem with the texts.

I followed this tutorial to decrypt/recompile the ROM

http://www.pokemontrash.com/jeux-pokemon/decrypter-compiler-rom-3ds.php

But the problem arrive with the TEXTS, if I install the Update 1.2 (OR) or 1.3(X) the game doesn't show the edited texts because the update replaces them. But if I don't install the updates... the games doesn't works, start and it loops at 3DS logo at the begginig.

Anyone knows how to solve this problem? Maybe make them working without updates?

Thanks for all

2. Traiver

Traiver GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 1, 2014
    Germany
    Pew! *Out of the bag*
    Download the update as .cia (google it) install it first, then edit your rom and start it.

3. Cindakil
    OP

Cindakil Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 14, 2014
    Serbia, Republic of
    I have the update istalled since some days ago.

Now I edit the rom, I compile, and the mod texts doesn't show in game :S

4. Cindakil
    OP

Cindakil Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 14, 2014
    Serbia, Republic of
    Anyone know the solution?:(

5. Asia81

Asia81 In my Ecchi World <3

Nov 15, 2014
    France
    Albi
    If you have edited TEXT in a074 GARC, it's normal

The pokemon update erase this Text, you can't see your edit
    You can edit Text only with a082 GARC.

We need to find a solution to launch the game without his update (1.2 or 1.3)

6. Cindakil
    OP

Cindakil Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 14, 2014
    Serbia, Republic of
    Thanks a lot for your answer :D

I hope that there will be a way to launch the game without updates :(

7. AHP_person

AHP_person GBAtemp Fan

Nov 2, 2014
    United States
    Just edit the text in the patch itself.
    Decrypt the ncch (and cbc layer, assuming it's from cdn), then edit the romfs. Text is still in the same location.

8. Asia81

Asia81 In my Ecchi World <3

Nov 15, 2014
    France
    Albi
    What ?
    How to decrypt .cia like with .3ds ?

9. Pounou

Pounou GBAtemp Regular

Sep 4, 2014
    France
    Someone say that for decrypt cia i haven't test yet :

10. Apache Thunder

Apache Thunder I have cameras in your head!

Oct 7, 2007
    United States
    Levelland, Texas
    I recall getting my rom to boot by extracting the exheader with CTRTool instead of 3DSExplorer. Then decrypting it and using that in place of the original when building the rom. Then once the new rom is built, I would inject the new exheader (the decrypted one, NOT the encrypted one ) back into the edited rom using ExInjector. I've shown Asia81 how to do this, but has reported issues trying to inject the exheader. Couldn't figure out why he couldn't get it to work as I could not reproduce the problem on my end. ExInjector never gave me issues importing the exheader. :P

Make sure your decrypted exheader is 2KB in size. If it's 1KB, it's the improper one exported with 3DSExplorer. You still need to inject the decrypted version of it into the new rom you built as well.

You don't have to include the update/manual romfs either. Should work fine the way you've been building it. Just reinject the original exheader with ExHeader and it should work. (just make sure the Exheader you are injecting was exported by CTRTool and NOT 3DSExplorer. Also make sure it's decrypted first)

Managing saves with the CIA version of Pokemon games isn't as complicated as I thought. You just have to delete the "secure value" data in SaveDataFiler prior to importing a modified save. It's really that simple! I now use them as CIAs now to avoid possible issues with Nintendo banning my system. :P

So you may want to think about building it as a CIA instead. If you build as CIA you don't need to reinject the exheader after building it like you do with the 3DS version. The one you extracted with CTRTool will be enough provided you built the CIA using the correct exheader.