ROM Hack Problem with placing .sav file to Pokemon White retail cart, please help!

Jason520C

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So basically I was playing a Pokemon White ROM on my DS while I was waiting for the real game to come in the mail. I got it today, and figured I would be able to use my .sav file and put it into my retail cart. Unfortunately I've come across some problems...

I downloaded the NDS Backup Tool (for WiFi), set it all up using this tutorial (http://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-nds-backup-tool-wifi.252623/) and setting everything up went very smoothly. I put the program on, take the R4 out and put my retail White in, and the program booted up with the various backup/restore options.

I go to Save Restore, and there's no way for me put the file back in? The "Restore data in Card from SAV file" is grayed out. I put the .sav file into the folder, and the program finds it, but it stills gets grayed out. I even renamed the .sav file to the "Game Title" according to this program, which is "POKEMON_W_IRAO00" and it still doesn't work.

Am I doing something wrong? Someone please help me out with this...it would suck getting 5 badges all over again >_< I hope it's not because the .sav file didn't come from the cartridge? But that wouldn't make sense, as there are .sav files from sites like GameFAQs that people can download and use.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: or fucking Clu Clu Land for that matter