Hacking Problem with NTR CFW - Pokemon Sun/Moon

ScorchingPantherX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll start this off by asking not to be judged for using a Mac, but in my defense, it doesn't seem to be the issue nor matter.

I am using NTR 3.4 on my New 3DS XL and Nitro Stream/NTR Dual on my Mac to capture Pokemon games such as Sun/Moon and X/Y wirelessly. I have everything set up and working correctly (to my knowledge, anyway; I used the Mac version of these directions: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...without-a-capture-card-ntr-cfw-method.423445/), and can get both games to be captured on my computer; however, when I get past the title screen menu using a past save file on Sun/Moon, and into the actual overworld inside a Pokemon center or something, the screen on Mac completely freezes. If I start recording from a new save file on Sun/Moon or X/Y, the recording turns to white at a certain point of the intro sequence (Sun/Moon) or goes black once the intro sequence ends and the overworld is entered (X/Y).

I'll say it now even though I mention it later, apparently this is a common problem with Sun/Moon, whether on Mac or PC.

I've done a lot of troubleshooting on the issue, and one thing that I noticed is that (I think) the IP of my system in the FBI app goes away (turns into an error code) whenever I load up these games and enter the overworld. I'm not completely sure about this, though, and this may be wrong (may be remembering this wrong when I was troubleshooting) -- I honestly just don't have the patience nor time to keep testing things like this, as I'm really busy with school and extracurriculars at the moment.

I've looked at guides online, and see some people have seemingly similar issues. Here is one of the online threads I found that seems to help people with just getting Sun/Moon to function in the first place: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-get-nitrostream-to-work-with-pokemon-moon.447980/#post-6815469

Unfortunately, these people are on PC. I may download Bootcamp to try everything out that way, and troubleshoot as I go along with the aforementioned instructions, but I was told this was all fully compatible with Mac. I actually did try to follow these directions with my Mac, but when it got to the Administrator related parts, I wasn't sure what to do, as it's not the same on Mac (I'm not the most tech-savvy person). I would follow these instructions (http://www.wikihow.com/Open-Applications-With-Root-Privileges-on-a-Mac), if they're even the right ones, but I think I'd be better off just trying out bootcamp, but don't want to if I don't have to.

A lot of other people have problems that have to do with being online wifi when playing and that messing things up, or not being able to soft reset or something, as that will freeze/break the capture. I've seen solutions to the former issue, but I'm not even personally concerned with this as I can't even get as far as to moving my character in the game on capture.

So apparently Sun/Moon are difficult to get to cooperate with NTR/Nitro in the first place. Do you have any advice on how to fix my issue with recording them on Mac? Have you had problems with this on PC yourself? Ultimately, how should I go about fixing it?

Thanks in advance.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
This is an unfortunate caveat of WINE. I'm a Mac user as well, and you're better off setting up Bootcamp. It takes anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour depending on how good your system is.

Last edited by Joom,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I'll start this off by asking not to be judged for using a Mac, but in my defense, it doesn't seem to be the issue nor matter.

I am using NTR 3.4 on my New 3DS XL and Nitro Stream/NTR Dual on my Mac to capture Pokemon games such as Sun/Moon and X/Y wirelessly. I have everything set up and working correctly (to my knowledge, anyway; I used the Mac version of these directions: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...without-a-capture-card-ntr-cfw-method.423445/), and can get both games to be captured on my computer; however, when I get past the title screen menu using a past save file on Sun/Moon, and into the actual overworld inside a Pokemon center or something, the screen on Mac completely freezes. If I start recording from a new save file on Sun/Moon or X/Y, the recording turns to white at a certain point of the intro sequence (Sun/Moon) or goes black once the intro sequence ends and the overworld is entered (X/Y).

I'll say it now even though I mention it later, apparently this is a common problem with Sun/Moon, whether on Mac or PC.

I've done a lot of troubleshooting on the issue, and one thing that I noticed is that (I think) the IP of my system in the FBI app goes away (turns into an error code) whenever I load up these games and enter the overworld. I'm not completely sure about this, though, and this may be wrong (may be remembering this wrong when I was troubleshooting) -- I honestly just don't have the patience nor time to keep testing things like this, as I'm really busy with school and extracurriculars at the moment.

I've looked at guides online, and see some people have seemingly similar issues. Here is one of the online threads I found that seems to help people with just getting Sun/Moon to function in the first place: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-get-nitrostream-to-work-with-pokemon-moon.447980/#post-6815469

Unfortunately, these people are on PC. I may download Bootcamp to try everything out that way, and troubleshoot as I go along with the aforementioned instructions, but I was told this was all fully compatible with Mac. I actually did try to follow these directions with my Mac, but when it got to the Administrator related parts, I wasn't sure what to do, as it's not the same on Mac (I'm not the most tech-savvy person). I would follow these instructions (http://www.wikihow.com/Open-Applications-With-Root-Privileges-on-a-Mac), if they're even the right ones, but I think I'd be better off just trying out bootcamp, but don't want to if I don't have to.

A lot of other people have problems that have to do with being online wifi when playing and that messing things up, or not being able to soft reset or something, as that will freeze/break the capture. I've seen solutions to the former issue, but I'm not even personally concerned with this as I can't even get as far as to moving my character in the game on capture.

So apparently Sun/Moon are difficult to get to cooperate with NTR/Nitro in the first place. Do you have any advice on how to fix my issue with recording them on Mac? Have you had problems with this on PC yourself? Ultimately, how should I go about fixing it?

Thanks in advance.
Did you apply the memory patch? Sun/Moon disconnect the wifi when not in use unless the memory patch is applied. The caveat of the memory patch is that it prevents online from working in game while enabled.

ScorchingPantherX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you apply the memory patch? Sun/Moon disconnect the wifi when not in use unless the memory patch is applied. The caveat of the memory patch is that it prevents online from working in game while enabled.
This sounds about right, but unfortunately I can't do that it seems. Mono (which is used in conjunction with WINE) always crashes once the capture starts working for me (although the capture continues to function). And Mono is what backs the Nitro Stream application with the Memory Patch option. In the first link I provided, it says it's common for Mono to do this, and to not to worry about it. But I guess it is a problem now. Any ideas? Thanks for the help.

EDIT: Wait, a noobish question here: Do I press "Send Mem Patch" before I press "Connect"? Because if that's how you do it, then it wouldn't crash right away. It only crashes after I press connect twice and the capture starts. :O Maybe there is hope after all for Mac. I will be able to test this when I get home in an hour or so. Does this sound right?

Last edited by ScorchingPantherX,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
This sounds about right, but unfortunately I can't do that it seems. Mono (which is used in conjunction with WINE) always crashes once the capture starts working for me (although the capture continues to function). And Mono is what backs the Nitro Stream application with the Memory Patch option. In the first link I provided, it says it's common for Mono to do this, and to not to worry about it. But I guess it is a problem now. Any ideas? Thanks for the help.

EDIT: Wait, a noobish question here: Do I press "Send Mem Patch" before I press "Connect"? Because if that's how you do it, then it wouldn't crash right away. It only crashes after I press connect twice and the capture starts. :O Maybe there is hope after all for Mac. I will be able to test this when I get home in an hour or so. Does this sound right?
Pretty sure you need to press it afterwards.
Anyway, if you connect with NTR Debugger manually, you can send the memory patch manually before launching NTR Viewer, the patch command was posted somewhere but I don't think I would be able to find it again.

ScorchingPantherX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty sure you need to press it afterwards.
Anyway, if you connect with NTR Debugger manually, you can send the memory patch manually before launching NTR Viewer, the patch command was posted somewhere but I don't think I would be able to find it again.
Damn, that's unfortunate. I'll try doing it before pressing connect anyway though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: you are a product of my imagination