How to get NitroStream to work with Pokemon Moon

Hello everyone! I spent the better half of an hour trying to figure out how to get NitroStream to work with Pokemon Moon.

Launching NitroStream and clicking "Send Memory Patch" does not work.

Here's what you have to do:

What you need:
A hacked new3DS (duh)
CFW of Choice (I use Luma)
NTR CFW and a Launcher for it (I'm using NTR Selector by Nanquiats)
The NTR Starter Pack
The NitroStream program
A copy of Pokemon Moon (DON'T ASK WHERE TO GET THIS! YOU KNOW THE RULES!)
A brain, and some patience.

STEP 1) Boot your new 3DS, and make sure it's connected to the internet.

STEP 2) Make sure your computer is connected to the same network as your 3DS

STEP 3) Launch NTR CFW on your new3DS

STEP 4) Press X and Y at the same time while selecting nothing, or a folder and select "Enable Debugger" make sure you see the message "debugger is already enabled" or "debugger enabled"

STEP 5) DON'T LAUNCH POKEMON JUST YET! Follow the other steps below!

STEP 6) Open the NTR Starter Pack and RIGHT CLICK on ntrclient.exe > RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR

STEP 7) Type in connect('YOUR.new3DS's.IP.ADDRESS HERE',8000)

STEP 8) COPY AND PASTE THE FOLLOWING:
Code:
write(0x0105AE4, (0x70, 0x47), pid=0x1a)
It is VERY IMPORTANT that you copy and paste the write command. This is writing a command to your 3DS's kernel and any wrong write command could potentially damage your hardware!

If you are feeling a bit uncomfortable doing this, perform a complete NAND backup beforehand. Not sure if it could do anything provided something DOES go wrong, but it doesn't hurt to keep lots of backups.

STEP 9)Close the NTR Debugger application by clicking on the X

STEP 10)RIGHT CLICK on NitroStream.exe in the NTRVIEWER folder and click RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR

STEP 11)Ensure your settings are correct, (right 3DS IP Address, etc, etc) and click CONNECT.

STEP 12)After your top screen is done flashing funny colors, count to three, then launch Pokemon Moon.

If done correctly, NitroStream shouldn't disconnect after 5-20 seconds.

SOME NOTES:
You WILL NOT be able to battle/trade online as far as I know. I never tried, because, well--game isn't out yet, don't want Nintendy banning my 3DS do I? You could try it, but from what I read, the debug command you use to force Internet connection DISABLES online play. So, if you want to be able to record online battles, simply start NitroStream as normal, but click Connect after you are already connected online in the Festival Plaza beforehand and it should work in theory.

I hope this helps and saves you the headache it gave me.

Also a word of warning:
I highly advise against recording any let's plays of Pokemon Sun or Moon until after Midnight, November 18th, 2016. Nintendo could copyright STRIKE your channel for each video you upload, and could even find your personal information, and then proceed to press legal charges against you!

I will not be held accountable if you decide to upload videos on a public website containing footage of a game that's not currently out yet.

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
type connect('192.168.1.62; 8000')
Lawl. thanks
this is the msg i get now
A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 192.168.1.62:8000

PS.
Half a year ago i tried the stream function and it was working. so dont know what is up now.

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
If you have Nitro Stream, all you need to do is.

- Launch NTR.
- Launch Game.
- Enable Debugger.
- Press Home Menu to suspend game.
- While in the home menu, enter your 3DS' IP address on Nitro Stream.
- hit connect and wait for NTR Viewer to show up
- once NTR Viewer is up and showing your 3DS' screens, hit send memory patch

Now once you return to the game you'll see that NTR Viewer is still showing your screens while you play Moon.

While I don't plan on recording Moon at all, I still use Nitro Stream as it is the best way to share real time screenshots with my friends, which is basically what I did all day yesterday.

o09HoCU.png

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
type connect('192.168.1.62; 8000')

Now suddenly it doesnt work anymore get one of these msg:

connect() takes exactly 2 arguments (1 given)
at Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.ThrowInstruction.Run(InterpretedFrame frame)
at Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.Interpreter.Run(InterpretedFrame frame)
at Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.LightLambda.Run4[T0,T1,T2,T3,TRet](T0 arg0, T1 arg1, T2 arg2, T3 arg3)
at System.Dynamic.UpdateDelegates.UpdateAndExecute3[T0,T1,T2,TRet](CallSite site, T0 arg0, T1 arg1, T2 arg2)
at Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.DynamicInstruction`4.Run(InterpretedFrame frame)
at Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.LightLambda.Run2[T0,T1,TRet](T0 arg0, T1 arg1)
at IronPython.Compiler.PythonScriptCode.RunWorker(CodeContext ctx)
at Microsoft.Scripting.Hosting.ScriptSource.Execute(ScriptScope scope)
at ntrclient.CmdWindow.runCmd(String cmd)

2nd one..

A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 192.168.1.62:8000
at System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient.Connect(String hostname, Int32 port)
at ntrclient.NtrClient.connectToServer()
at ntrclient.ScriptHelper.connect(String host, Int32 port)
at Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.ActionCallInstruction`3.Run(InterpretedFrame frame)
at Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.LightLambda.Run5[T0,T1,T2,T3,T4,TRet](T0 arg0, T1 arg1, T2 arg2, T3 arg3, T4 arg4)
at System.Dynamic.UpdateDelegates.UpdateAndExecute4[T0,T1,T2,T3,TRet](CallSite site, T0 arg0, T1 arg1, T2 arg2, T3 arg3)
at Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.DynamicInstruction`5.Run(InterpretedFrame frame)
at Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.LightLambda.Run2[T0,T1,TRet](T0 arg0, T1 arg1)
at IronPython.Compiler.PythonScriptCode.RunWorker(CodeContext ctx)
at Microsoft.Scripting.Hosting.ScriptSource.Execute(ScriptScope scope)
at ntrclient.CmdWindow.runCmd(String cmd)

Then.. SOMETIMES it does succeed and says connected with this behind it:
rtRecvSocket failed: ffffff98

... so yeah.. highly unstable software it seems?

Also I followed instruction to letter. NTR debugger as admin and nitrostream. but when i run nitrostream and press connect it says:
NTRViewer not found, please run it manually as admin

If i start NTRviewer manually the stream Does start. but nothing i do in Nitrostream does seem to have an effect on NTRviewer..? Btw im getting approx 29 FPS. is this normal?

Last edited by Chrisssj2,

AhTa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ERR: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 192.168.X.XXX:8000

Anybody know how to fix this error? Ive messed around with my firewall with the TCP and UDP ports. I tried installing net frame 4.0 but it says I have the latest net frame. DO i need the exact 4.0 version? If so how do I get it to let me install? Also I do have a router but my pc is using Ethernet cable does that matter?

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States

- Launch NTR.
- Launch Game.
- Enable Debugger.

Now once you return to the game you'll see that NTR Viewer is still showing your screens while you play Moon.

While I don't plan on recording Moon at all, I still use Nitro Stream as it is the best way to share real time screenshots with my friends, which is basically what I did all day yesterday.

o09HoCU.png

What's strange is that I first tried what you outlined and it didn't work. The game would capture for about 5 to 10 seconds then disconnect.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

ERR: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 192.168.X.XXX:8000

Anybody know how to fix this error? Ive messed around with my firewall with the TCP and UDP ports. I tried installing net frame 4.0 but it says I have the latest net frame. DO i need the exact 4.0 version? If so how do I get it to let me install? Also I do have a router but my pc is using Ethernet cable does that matter?

Sometimes the NTR Debuggger on your new3DS stops responding to connections after a set amount of connects/disconnects. Try rebooting your 3DS and try again.

You should also check your router to make sure you've connected to the correct IP Address on your network. If your 3DS is set to get your IP Address automatically, sometimes your router will assign it a different IP Address.

Last edited by DJ91990,

Mistie

Legit Furry Trash
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hmm, so even after doing these steps my 3DS its self seems to disconnect from the internet while steaming the game, no other time does it do this. Ill be able to record for about 20 seconds then itll stop, ill press the home button, and my 3ds will show that it has no internet.

Edit: I can stream the home menu fine with no flaws.

Last edited by Mistie,

flashcat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

- Launch NTR.
- Launch Game.
- Enable Debugger.

o09HoCU.png
THANK YOU!!

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even if it does work with pkm s/m the frames will be very unstable or just wont work at all. The discontinuation of the NTR stream is what hurting the performance.
Not sure why the project got abandoned, but if it had more work added on the frames would be alot better

D

Deleted-19228

Also a word of warning:
I highly advise against recording any let's plays of Pokemon Sun or Moon until after Midnight, November 18th, 2016. Nintendo could copyright STRIKE your channel for each video you upload, and could even find your personal information, and then proceed to press legal charges against you!

If anyone were reviewers and signed an embargo yes, they can strike your channel but no legal action can be done since there was no confidentiality agreement signed.

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
If anyone were reviewers and signed an embargo yes, they can strike your channel but no legal action can be done since there was no confidentiality agreement signed.
But they could copyright strike down your channel, REMEMBER: This is NINTENDO "Gimmie your advertisement revenue clam-happy" we are talking about here.

ShadyGhost

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone able to connect online while using ntr for streaming? I want to record battles online but everytime i try to connect online while ntr 3.4 is enabled it says an error occured. Just for the hell of it i tried connecting online for trades and battles without NTR enabled and it works fine. I know that the patch disables online play so I tried doing it without sending patch. still doesnt work though :( any thoughts?

sipanale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone been able to get NTR InputRedirect working with SuMo?

I can use it during the game's boot sequence no problem, but the local connections take over in game despite patching with write(0x0105AE4, (0x70, 0x47), pid=0x1a). I was also able to start up NTR Stream and NTR InputRedirect while in the Festival Plaza using Internet connection, patched using write(0x0105AE4, (0x70, 0x47), pid=0x1a), and all was working until I exited Festival Plaza.

ShadyGhost

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone been able to get NTR InputRedirect working with SuMo?

I can use it during the game's boot sequence no problem, but the local connections take over in game despite patching with write(0x0105AE4, (0x70, 0x47), pid=0x1a). I was also able to start up NTR Stream and NTR InputRedirect while in the Festival Plaza using Internet connection, patched using write(0x0105AE4, (0x70, 0x47), pid=0x1a), and all was working until I exited Festival Plaza.

how were you able to get it working online? were you able to do any trades or battles while recording? right now im just using nitrostreamer. should i be using something else?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0