problem with g6 + passcard

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Roudyruffkk, Dec 10, 2006.

Dec 10, 2006
  1. Roudyruffkk
    OP

Newcomer Roudyruffkk Newbie

United States
    i just got my combo and i've ran across a problem. the usb adapter's working just because the drive shows up in "My Computer", however i think my g6 may be faulty. the LED on the usb connector has only lit up once during the 25+ times i've tried connecting it to my computer. same thing happens when i put the g6 in the dslite nothing comes up after the passkey boot up screen. anyone know what's wrong with it? am i doing something wrong?

2. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    You might try opening the G6 case and making sure the circuit board is positioned correctly. Someone said that fixed the problem for them.

3. Roudyruffkk
    OP

Newcomer Roudyruffkk Newbie

United States
    reposition it how? because i just tried right now switching cases for it and still no go [​IMG] .... i'm so sad i was hoping to be able to use it to play my backups. has anyone else had this problem or know of anyone that has and fixed it?

4. GeneralLeoFF

Member GeneralLeoFF GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I have had my G6 for a while and I am happy with it;s compatibility but I am not happy with it's build quality. Mine has the same issues with the LED all the time and whats wrong in my case is the contact pads on the edge connector are sub par and they are already corroding and two of them are rubbing off.

Giving them a good cleaning and fiddling around with how I insert it into the USB connector or the DS usually works. It's the good old "reliable" NES all over again [​IMG]