Hardware problem with g6 + passcard

Roudyruffkk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just got my combo and i've ran across a problem. the usb adapter's working just because the drive shows up in "My Computer", however i think my g6 may be faulty. the LED on the usb connector has only lit up once during the 25+ times i've tried connecting it to my computer. same thing happens when i put the g6 in the dslite nothing comes up after the passkey boot up screen. anyone know what's wrong with it? am i doing something wrong?

Roudyruffkk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You might try opening the G6 case and making sure the circuit board is positioned correctly. Someone said that fixed the problem for them.

reposition it how? because i just tried right now switching cases for it and still no go
frown.gif
.... i'm so sad i was hoping to be able to use it to play my backups. has anyone else had this problem or know of anyone that has and fixed it?

GeneralLeoFF

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have had my G6 for a while and I am happy with it;s compatibility but I am not happy with it's build quality. Mine has the same issues with the LED all the time and whats wrong in my case is the contact pads on the edge connector are sub par and they are already corroding and two of them are rubbing off.

Giving them a good cleaning and fiddling around with how I insert it into the USB connector or the DS usually works. It's the good old "reliable" NES all over again
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sorry I sat on them when they were open
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I thought it was the toilet
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    okies. Time to go watch YT paranormal ghost things. L8er my luvs :D
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a massive clue
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this mf def ain't watching ghost shit, he boutta beat his meat fr
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah he's about to be the ghost in your bedroom
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:

this is him being described
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dislike the kind of drm where you have to play single player games online all the time bc of some verification bs
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Don't use games that have Easy Anti-Cheat as its been exploited many times.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, my PC can't run most AAA games so i wont
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Most of the modern AAA games
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I also heard one of the Prince of Persia games was so unfinished that it required the "24/7 online" drm so a puzzle could be done and the game could be finished. And that when the Ubisoft servers were closed the (cracked) game was impossible to finish or something like that
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's extra scummy. Ubisoft nowadays ship out incomplete games like Skull and Bones which was being worked on for nearly a decade now.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i think they have been doing that since late 2000s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Either that or their old games were unfinished aswell but we can't notice it
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I like that games can be fixed after the fact, hate that it's being abused via beta tests... And DLC... I was a 7800 owner back in the day and loved Impossible Mission, turns out I couldn't beat it because it was actually impossible lol
    I never knew about it at the time but a fixed version was available but you had to mail in your broken copy lol
    So that version is semi rare
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: So that version is semi rare