Hacking Problem with EFA-linker loader and certain backups

tech3475

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I want to run several backups from my efa linker using the GBA loader. However two of the games have sound glitches and are slower, however when I run the game (Sonic advance 3) without the loader it works fine and I have tried pogoshell and again it works fine.

Is there an alternative loader or solution besides pogoshell?

It is an EFA simple BTW.

Also on a side note does anyone know why this has a battery even though there is no RTC? I know its a simple because the client/drivers for the original dont work with it.

Edit:
this problem also happens when launched in NDS mode with flashme.

Edit2:
Just tried pogoshell, Sonic advance 3 works fine but Sonic advance 2 doesnt save (but does in the emulator).

tech3475

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
how_do_i_do_that said:
battery is for your save data, its not for RTC. most of the answers are in my sig. Sonic 2 never worked on alot of flashcarts.

The 1.0 loader has bugs and loading savs from somewhere else is one of them.

Thanks, are there any better/updated/working loaders? Also the save works with the efas loader not pogoshell an its flash based like sa3.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
For the EFA simple, nope. The 1.0 software was it. you can try using the firmware (not the program) from EFA 2.83 to see if you get better results. The 2.83 firware was suppose to work with the EFA that had the clock so it might gives some issues with the EFA simple. I haven't had any issues, though I don't play pokemon or games with RTC to find out about it.

you can get the 2.83 here:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=1267

There is only one version of pogo shell that works with this cart and it is kinda old.

Save data is like a black hole with this cart, you can put them on and such but you can't extract them. it is a one way trip with the 1.0 program.

tech3475

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks again for the response. I have got the working version of pogoshell but the 2.83 bootloader doesnt improve things.

Pogoshell does now save but it still wont accept my old save. Is there a way to cheat with SA2 use AR cheats to save me some time or a way to use my old save?

tech3475

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
how_do_i_do_that said:
people keep asking for some cheat or hack to bypass the issues in SA2, I don't believe there is any cheat code to bypass the issues with flashcarts. I would say your stuck playing it on an emulator or if your lucky enough to play it on a compatible flashcart.

I wasnt asking for a cheat to bypass all the issues, I was asking for a cheat. But since pogoshell doesnt support them I was wondering if it was possible to patch it into the ROM.

Or is it possible to edit the save afterwards, I read online that running the game, quitting, then extracting the save.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wgy_QgVe4yA